Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #211
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Possibly a renderer issue, possibly an issue with the way the image tags are being processed. I'm inclined to go with renderer issue, I was just reading a book with centered illustrations and they were properly centered after processing. Are you reading with a specific justification setting and/or are you using the hyphenation feature?

The book I read was Incandescence by Greg Egan, highly recommended for fans of hard science fiction. He delves pretty deeply into the science but I found it just forced me to think a little.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #212
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
I apologize, that was my mistake. I had indeed forced left-justification in the text. All fixed now
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #213
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So no issue at all, those are even better
Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #214
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
So, is it possible that my problem with random books showing up on book shelves could be related to quantity? I loaded 600 or so books on my device and let them process. Then I plugged it back in and all the meta data, shelves etc had to attach. I waited for the spinning to end before I did a safe disconnect.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #215
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Hi jgoguen,

Don't know if I have to post here to say I opened a new bug report.
If I have to do this, it's done, otherwise, sorry.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #216
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

No need to post, I get an email notification of each new bug and every update to every bug.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #217
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Don't know if I have to post here to say I opened a new bug report.
If I have to do this, it's done, otherwise, sorry.
I just had a look at the bug. It a deficiency of the device, and we can't easily do something about it.

The device used FAT32 for the partition that contains the books. All the cover images are stored in one folder. The FAT32 file system allows 64K directory entries per directory. That means up to 64K files per directory. But, if long file names are used, they take up more than one directory entry per file. As the image file names are based on the full path of the books plus a bit, the name get to be fairly long. And there are three covers images per book. So, 2000 books means 6000 cover images. From discussion before on this, that is about the maximum that will be in the directory.

There has been some discussion on this in the Kobo forum that included some suggestions for workarounds. It came up again in the last few days, so shouldn't be hard to find.

I an think of a really simple thing to do, but I wouldn't want to put it in the driver at this point. I am working on a utilities plugin, and it would fit nicely in that. But, I really should put out what I have done before adding more function. I just can't bring myself to finish the documentation that is going to be needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #218
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Well that's unfortunate. My Fedora install reports the Kobo as an exFAT partition, but it looks like it must just be lumping all the FAT implementations under exFAT.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #219
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Thanks for your answers, but with previous versions of the plugin, other problems occured but I got cover images for more than 4000 ebooks.
So, I'm not sure the partition type is the (only) problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I saw that when I was using Ubuntu to look at the Glo recently. There is a discussion going on in the Kobo forum about using ext3 or ext4 SD cards. I think the same could be done for the main memory. The rcS script mounts the memory as vfat. Changing that to ext3 or ext4 would probably work. It would be very important to prevent a firmware upgrade. Any "brave" person out there want to try?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #221
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for your answers, but with previous versions of the plugin, other problems occured but I got cover images for more than 4000 ebooks.
So, I'm not sure the partition type is the (only) problem.
There are other images in the directory. Covers for any downloaded kepubs and recommended books are put there. And the number of cover images have changed. Pre 2.0.0 always generated four images. For 2.0.0 to 2.4.0, up to three would be generated but they would only be generated if used. Because one of the cover images is for the details page, that wasn't generated all the time. I would have said that 2.5.0, generated the three covers sizes the first time that a cover was needed. But, checking 2.5.2 on my Touch, it is generating them as needed.

If you are sending the covers from calibre, the three sizes are always created.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #222
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

As long as the device will let me format the user data partition while it's in the Kobo device, I could try it once I push out v1.3.3 (hopefully tonight). I don't have anything to let me read the uSD card outside the device.

Should it be tried as ext3, ext4, exFAT, or all of them?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #223
Mingyar
Connoisseur

I'm ok to try anything if you give me complete explanation on what to do.
I created an image of my original SD Card and changed it for a 32 Go.
I don't care to brick my Kobo, I can restore it as I want.

I dont use Unix or Linux, I'm on Windows 8. Maybe it's important for you to guide me.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
As long as the device will let me format the user data partition while it's in the Kobo device, I could try it once I push out v1.3.3 (hopefully tonight). I don't have anything to let me read the uSD card outside the device.

Should it be tried as ext3, ext4, exFAT, or all of them?
As you are a linux user, I would suggest ext3 or ext4. I don't know enough about exFAT or the support for it to suggest it. Formatting in place should be OK as the it is just presented as a MSD to the PC. I know Windows has no trouble scanning and fixing problems if you forget to eject it.

The recovery from this will be a factory reset. That formats the partition as FAT32.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #225
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm ok to try anything if you give me complete explanation on what to do.
I created an image of my original SD Card and changed it for a 32 Go.
I don't care to brick my Kobo, I can restore it as I want.

I dont use Unix or Linux, I'm on Windows 8. Maybe it's important for you to guide me.
In that case, there is a problem. The suggestion is to change the file system to ext3 or ext4. But, Windows doesn't support them. That would mean you couldn't sideload books from Windows. You can install extra file system support, but that adds extra complexity that you might no want. I have done that in the past, but not for a while

You might want to consider using an micro SD card. With firmware 2.5.2, the cover images for books on the SD card are not saved. They are generated each time they are used. That means you will get cover shown no matter how many books you have on the card. This might change with the next firmware. 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 did save the covers for the SD card. 2.5.2 doesn't but has a problem with the sleep cover for books on the SD card. I'm hoping for a fix for the latter and expect that the saving will be fixed at the same time.

Tags
error, kobo aura one