Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
karasho
karasho began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
problem with M92 dictionaries

Hi people,
i've a problem to getting work dictionaries with my device. I've installed them in /dicts directory following information from this excellent forum (dictionaries composed of .ifo, .dz, .idx); the m92 recognize them, and they all correctly appears in the list of "dictionary" app...but when i try to find a word, the only dictionary that works is the default one. Can someone help me, please?

Regards
karasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
you have to explicitly "select" a dictionary in order to look up a word. are you aware of this? looking up words does not search through all installed dictionaries. apart from that, it would be extremely helpful, if your dictionaries were in some way accessible so that someone else could have a look at them.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
karasho

thanks for your answer Tuxor. The dictionaries were downloaded from the site mentioned in 'Updates Post' of Booxtor: http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/. I repeat that they are just recognized, but seems to not work properly when i try to find words. If i select a random dictionary from installed ones and try to find a word, the dictionary app brutally turn down, returning to main menù.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Maybe you could point me to a specific dictionary that doesn't work, then I will try myself I'm pretty sure, we will find the problem then, because I have some experience with the StarDict format and I have been using the M92's dictionary tool myself very much recently and know some of it's flaws.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
karasho

ok, here some links =)
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-di...-2.4.2.tar.bz2;
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-di...-2.4.2.tar.bz2;
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-di...-2.4.2.tar.bz2.
These are some that don't work for me. Thanks a lot =)
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
tuxor
Addict

I tried the first dictionary (Jargon File) and it works just fine for me.

Are you using the latest firmware version (1.8 20130717)?
Did you follow the instructions from this post? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=1
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
karasho

My firmware was an older version than 1.8-20130717, i'm trying to update but the device says 'update not found booting device'. I holded the center button of the joypad when turning on, initially seems to start the update but then nothing happens. It's different to put the .zip update file in sd card or in the internal memory? I put it in sd card. Or i'm doing something wrong?
Old 08-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
tuxor
Addict

SD card is perfectly fine... where did you buy your M92?
Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
karasho

My firmware was an older version. I'm trying to update following the instruction found in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=1, but the result of 8 attempts is 'no update found booting device'...short pressing, long pressing, no method works =(
Old 08-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
tuxor
Addict

Are you aware, that those instructions only apply to devices bought from ereader-store.de? Other users might have to "unlock" their device first. That's why I'm inquiring the place where you purchased your device.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
karasho

ereaderstore.de
Old 08-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
tuxor
Addict

Okay, in this case, I don't have a clue. By the way, you find updates and instructions here, as well: http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

Double-check you downloaded the correct file. Maybe redownload in order to exclude data loss during download process. Make sure "the name of the firmware should be update-2012xxxx.zip".

Last edited by tuxor; 08-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Okay, in this case, I don't have a clue. By the way, you find updates and instructions here, as well: http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

Double-check you downloaded the correct file. Maybe redownload in order to exclude data loss during download process. Make sure "the name of the firmware should be update-2012xxxx.zip".
@Tuxor : "...should be update-2012xxxx.zip" are you sure, it's not "update-2013xxxx.zip" from http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
tuxor
Addict

Sorry, the year should be 2013, of course. I was only quoting from the instructions given on http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads - and missed that typo/anachronism