Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #61
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Like all other Dutch e-bookshops Amazon.nl will get their books from Centraal Boekhuis, the only major distributor that there is in the Netherlands. So they will offer exactly the same books as all these other shops. And the publishers will make sure that the prices are also the same. The only difference between Amazon.nl and the others will be the file format.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #62
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Like all other Dutch e-bookshops Amazon.nl will get their books from Centraal Boekhuis, the only major distributor that there is in the Netherlands. So they will offer exactly the same books as all these other shops. And the publishers will make sure that the prices are also the same. The only difference between Amazon.nl and the others will be the file format.
I wonder if every book will indeed also be available in Amazon-format. Even if they plan on making everything available, who knows how long it'll take. They may start with a very small selection and take 18 months or longer to catch up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I wonder if every book will indeed also be available in Amazon-format. Even if they plan on making everything available, who knows how long it'll take. They may start with a very small selection and take 18 months or longer to catch up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Why would they not simply make the same books available as are visible to Dutch visitors to "amazon.com"? That's basically what happened with "amazon.co.uk" when they started selling eBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #64
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why would they not simply make the same books available as are visible to Dutch visitors to "amazon.com"? That's basically what happened with "amazon.co.uk" when they started selling eBooks.
At least for independently published Amazon ebooks, that's been the way it's done at Amazon Germany, France, Italy, Japan, and Spain too. When a new Amazon Kindle Store opens, my husband's ebooks are immediately available there. I don't see why Holland would be different.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #65
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
Sounds like it could go either way, then. *sits back and waits* Think I'll pre-order a few books from the US store, just in case... ;-)
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #66
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Look at amazon.de

(perhaps here: http://www.amazon.de/books-englischs...&node=52044011)

and you will get some impression what English books you might get.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #67
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I know what ebooks I can buy on Amazon as a Dutchie, but that's only English. I hope that they are actually going to sell those ebooks in Dutch and also from the Dutch authors !?! That's what I thought was going to take a while.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #68
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Looking at the English ebooks available at Bol.com, assuming those are made available by Centraal Boekenhuis, I'm afraid that if Amazon only uses them there aren't going to be a lot of English ebooks available. Most of the books I've read this year aren't available on Bol.com. I'm hoping that the ebooks that are available for Dutch customers on Amazon.com will stay available for us!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm hoping that the ebooks that are available for Dutch customers on Amazon.com will stay available for us!
Given that this is what happened with the other national Kindle stores, that's a pretty safe assumption to make.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #70
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
So it seems I should have said: "Like all other Dutch e-bookshops Amazon.nl will get their Dutch books from Centraal Boekhuis." Their Dutch offering won't be any different from e.g. bol.com. Let's hope Harry is right about the English books.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #71
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallista View Post
Out of curiosity, as a Dutchie (with Dutch cc and billing address), if this store ever does become reality, does that mean I'll be restricted to buying e-books from the Dutch store? Somehow, I don't think it'll be as large as the US one... e-books aren't exactly big in the Netherlands.
Right now, because of your Dutch billing address, do you have the freedom to buy ebooks from amazon.com as well as .co.uk without changing the country settings on your Manage your Kindle page? That will change then.
Usually, if you have a store in your contry of residence, you are locked into one country, but can change it in the kindle address settings. This may be different if you don't have a local amazon store.

For those of you who say you can connect to a diffent store, try adding an mp3 or kindle book to your shopping cart and see what happens. If you are logged in, you should not even see a price or the cart.

I wish I could just purchase content (eooks and music) from any amazon store I want. I like French pop, and most of it is unavailable on amazon, iTunes, Goole Play here in the US. Amazon often offers the songs I am looking for, but as covers by some party band. It's sickening. And then there are the books I cannot get my hands on without changing country settings

Last edited by xendula; 11-29-2012 at 10:38 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #72
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Right now, because of your Dutch billing address, do you have the freedom go buy ebooks from amazon.com as well as .co.uk without changing the country settings on your Manager your Kindle page? That will change then.
Usually, if you have a store in your contry of residence, you are locked into one country, but can change it in the kindle address settings. This may be different if you don't have a local amazon store.
At the moment I can only buy ebooks from Amazon.com. If I browse ebooks at Amazon.co.uk I see a message where the "add to cart" button usually is telling me "Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com".
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

When is "amazon.nl" being launched?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Never? Those things always happen sometimes during the next year. Sadly, they never announce a year with that...

(last news was: before the holidays. As the gift giving season has already started, I doubt it'll be this year as they first wanted to do books and toys. And the toy season started two weeks ago)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #75
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
We have been waiting for some time now... I want to gift a Dutch friend an amazon gift card for her first kindle, but she does not like to read much in English so I have been "spying" on this thread for.... quite a while now...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote