Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I am full electronic on my faxes now so that doesn't bother me too much, but it is still irritating.
I really have a problem with this bandwidth cap, and the fact that you can't control how large a web site might be or how much embedded content it might contain. I mean a web site with lots of advertisements makes AT&T extra profits, without anyone even clicking on one of the advertisement links.
The real question for me is-what happens if AT&T's own streaming TV/movie/whatever apps (http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...net/mobile-tv/ ) start appearing on the iPhone/iPad...and they don't count towards your data usage?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very good point! I'm finding the Cloud/Openzone WiFi access included with O2 to be very useful; I was at my local airport this morning and they have a "Cloud" WiFi, which worked beautifully. I just had to click the "O2" link on the login page, enter my mobile number (although I must admit it did take me a minute or two to find this - it's under "View Account" on the "Cellular Data" page of "Settings") and away it went.
harry can you help me out i cant find that?

I cant even find 'view account' and dont seem to have a cellular data option anywhere??

thanks
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go to "Settings". The 4th item down in the left column should say "Cellular Data". Select this, then from the right column tap the "View Account" button.

It's the option you use when you set up your 3G account in the first place, and enter your credit card details.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 AM   #34
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Quote:
Go to "Settings". The 4th item down in the left column should say "Cellular Data". Select this, then from the right column tap the "View Account" button.

It's the option you use when you set up your 3G account in the first place, and enter your credit card details.
ah sorry misunderstanding I thought you meant on an iPhone and i cant find it to connect my iPhone to cloud!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ah! Apologies for the confusion; I was talking about the iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 AM   #36
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I think a huge problem of limiting data like this is advertising. Every single advertisement that is embedded on a web site you visit, you will now pay for just to deliver it. That 2MB animated advertisement, cash out of your pocket. And you don't even have control over it really, I mean you might go to your favorite news sites home page and it could be a total of 1MB one day and 20 MB the next. I think this is not going to go over well, especially when there is a push for even more advertisement to be delivered to everyone on the web, and now you pay for it directly without even having any say in how many MB the content might contain...
Might be worth considering one of the third-party web browser apps. I know that Atomic Web supports Ad-Blocking.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #37
jibril
Connoisseur
jibril is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Your plan is associated with your SIM card - that's how the network identifies you. Put your current SIM in your new phone, and you keep the same plan.
The new iphone will likely use the microsim, just like iPad.
jibril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #38
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibril View Post
The new iphone will likely use the microsim, just like iPad.
Then just cut your current sim down to size.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #39
jriihi
jriihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Apple iPad
I pay 13.9e/month for unlimited speed+data for my phone+extra sim for ipad Here seems to be lot competition and prices are way down. Carriers only care how many customers they have or something.

Last edited by jriihi; 06-05-2010 at 06:04 AM.
jriihi is offline   Reply With Quote