Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Angry Can't Verify Emails In GMX

I am using Calibre to change a format from EPUB to MOBI, and then emailing the converted book to my Kindle email address via GMX. GMX had always required me to verify my Kindle email address before forwarding the book to email for emailing to my PC. Suddenly, logging onto GMX and clicking on the verify button no longer does anything. GMX just sits there. Why doesn't the verify process work anymore, and is this verification step really necessary? Any help greatly appreciated.
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Ridcully
Enthusiast
Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10th gen. Paperwhite (2018)
GMX is just the freemail provider here, right? Have you tried using another email provider?
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
No. GMX provides the email for exporting converted books from EPUB to MOBI to Amazon. This has worked for a number of years, and just this month stated to fail. If I log in as my wife on my own computer, each request for validation in GMX works, and the converted book is forwarded to her Kindle address, where it is sent on by Whispersynch to her Kindle. Now, requests for confirmation when she logs onto GMX have no action; the pc just sits there in GMX without acknowledging her request.
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emailing, verification