Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Let's wait for the new firmware

I beleave the new firmware should be released in Aug.

For sure, the features to be included:
The on/off for auto-shutdown;
The choices for the cover page when shutdown.

whatelse? no quessing or suggestion here please....

Last edited by fred_yu_job; 07-29-2010 at 11:52 AM.
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_yu_job View Post
I beleave the new firmware should be released in Aug.

For sure, the features to be included:
The on/off for auto-shutdown;
The choices for the cover page when shutdown.

That would be enough for now. SD card image, of course.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
If anyone from Kobo is out there................. I"d love LANDSCAPE reading....
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
SD image upgrade option
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
I'm reading list management (what I would like is to "remove book from I'm reading list, but keep the bookmark in it).

It was talked about https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83436 with the management being in the desktop program. I would prefer it in the Kobo as I dont use the desktop managment program generally.

I'd be suprised if I saw a firmware update in August
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
Quote:
Well, unless someone from kobo posts here, all the replies will probably be guesses or suggestions....
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw View Post
Well, unless someone from kobo posts here, all the replies will probably be guesses or suggestions....
no...these two features are ever mentioned by kobo staff...
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
pdf reflow please. Yes and landscape not just in pdfs but any document.
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Quote:
no...these two features are ever mentioned by kobo staff...
Just because they have been mentioned it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be implemented. It means they are trying to implement (semantics I know)
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
JackNF
JackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo eReader
Yes, landscape reading for epubs would ROCK, particularly if given the option to choose which way it rotates. C'mon, throw us southpaws a bone here!
JackNF is offline   Reply With Quote