Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #1
CiaraG
Enthusiast
CiaraG began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hello from Ireland

Hi,

I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, but since I finally got a Cybook Gen 3 for Christmas I figured it was about time I said hello! Loving the Cybook until yesterday when it decided to have a melt down!

CiaraG
CiaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
CiaraG, welcome to the Forum.

I've been to Ireland a time or two but that was years ago. Are E-Books popular there?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
CiaraG
Enthusiast
CiaraG began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi Cassidy,

I have yet to meet anyone here who reads ebooks (though I'm sure they are out there somewhere!). No one I know reads ebooks and didn't seem aware they existed until I spoke about them. And even after hearing about them and the Cybook they still haven't tried them out. Maybe they just don't read as much as I do! And they all say the same thing - "I like paperbacks, I wouldn't like reading from a screen, blah, blah, blah" Personally, it's about the book and how much I enjoy it - not necessarily about the medium it's presented in.

And of course I love the instant gratification ebooks provide!
CiaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I agree and the truth is, at least for me, I get the same feel and pleasure reading an ebook as I do a regular paperback or hardback.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello CiaraG
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert