Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Grumpymoja
Grumpymoja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for ...
how to make topaz files

does anyone know how to make a topaz (azw1, tpz) file?

I have the xhtml/svg bits of a book. Reading it in a web browser is getting annoying and I want to convert it into something more readable (but not pdf since that is no good on a phone).

I search and search, and only find ways to remove drm, but not how to either 1) remove drm and keep the topaz file intact, or 2) how to make your own topaz file.

I have looked at kindlegen and kindle previewer, but they don't accept the input. at least it didn't seem like it.
Grumpymoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Since you "have the xhtml/svg bits of a book" why not just convert it via Kindle Previewer or calibre to a mobi/kf8? Kindle Previewer will require a file like an OPF to tie it all together, but I think it might be easier with calibre. I wouldn't convert a Topaz to another Topaz as that is basically the Kindle PDF style format.
Advert

Tags
azw1, convert, svg, topaz, tpz