Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
ThatGuy72
ThatGuy72 began at the beginning.

Device: wits mid a81
wits mid a81 with Android 2

Hello there.. My girlfriend bought a wits mid a81 and is has Android 2.2 on it. The thing is the screen wont rotate, you cant change the brightness and you have to really press down hard on the screen to make anything scroll.

Her trying to get support has only managed to get her upset. She was sent the wrong power cord, replacement cord 10 days late ended up being a battery and not a cord as expected... just not a good experience.

It is killing me to see her so excited to get the device and now her complete disappointment. I have been going through settings and searching online for fixes... there dont seem to be any.

Is this just a poor quality product or does it work all work on Windows and not Android?

Anyone know how to fix the brightness, touch settings or have any suggestions or resources that might help?

Thank you for any help you can offer, it hurts the heart to see her so disappointed.

ThatGuy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Actually none of the large 7" Android devices I've used are as good as what you hope them to be. Maybe sometime in the future they'll improve.

I own the same device as your girlfriend, but I decided not to run Android on it. Many others are happy with Android on the A81 and would disagree with me.

But, you need answers. So here's the proper forum for you to get more knowledge of the product...Review: W1060 7-inch MID by WireLession
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63719

Go there and learn a ton.
Hope this helps.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
ThatGuy72
ThatGuy72 began at the beginning.

Device: wits mid a81
Thank you very much.. Hopefully i can get it to run as good as good as it can.
ThatGuy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy72 View Post
Hello there.. My girlfriend bought a wits mid a81 and is has Android 2.2 on it. The thing is the screen wont rotate, you cant change the brightness and you have to really press down hard on the screen to make anything scroll.

Her trying to get support has only managed to get her upset. She was sent the wrong power cord, replacement cord 10 days late ended up being a battery and not a cord as expected... just not a good experience.

It is killing me to see her so excited to get the device and now her complete disappointment. I have been going through settings and searching online for fixes... there dont seem to be any.

Is this just a poor quality product or does it work all work on Windows and not Android?

Anyone know how to fix the brightness, touch settings or have any suggestions or resources that might help?

Thank you for any help you can offer, it hurts the heart to see her so disappointed.

There should be a settings app included with the device (there is with my SmartQ7, it looks like a gear wheel) this will allow you to change screen brightness and a load of other settings. For manual rotation try pressing and holding down for a few seconds one of the keys, try them each in turn, NOT the power key though.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a81, android tablet, help needed, help please, witstech a81 mid