Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #91
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Religious battle golf
The Pope met with the College of Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Shimon Peres, the former leader of Israel. "Your holiness," said one of the Cardinals, "Mr. Peres wants to determine whether Jews or Catholics are superior, by challenging you to a golf match." The Pope was greatly disturbed, as he had never held a golf club in his life.

"Not to worry," said the Cardinal, "we'll call America and talk to Jack Nicklaus. We'll make him a Cardinal, he can play Shimon Peres... We can't lose!" Everyone agreed it was a good idea. The call was made and, of course, Jack was honored and agreed to play.

The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of his success in the match. "I came in second, your Holiness," said Nicklaus.

"Second?!!" exclaimed the surprised Pope. "You came in second to Shimon Peres?!!"

"No," said Nicklaus, "second to Rabbi Woods."
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #92
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Although it took me a little while to get it
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #93
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
American astronaut is ejected from a rocket ship as it's about to blow up. He tumbles through the air and lands in the middle of the Australian Outback. He's picked up by a rescue helicopter and taken to an Outback hospital.

When he comes to, he doesn't exactly know where he is or what happened. Then a nurse walks into his room.

He looks at her and asks, "Did you bring me here to die?"

"No dear", she answers, "We brought you here yester-die"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #94
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
American astronaut is ejected from a rocket ship as it's about to blow up. He tumbles through the air and lands in the middle of the Australian Outback. He's picked up by a rescue helicopter and taken to an Outback hospital.

When he comes to, he doesn't exactly know where he is or what happened. Then a nurse walks into his room.

Good one!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #95
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post

Good onya mate.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #96
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
- Daddy, I don't like grandma!
- Then eat only the patatoes!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #97
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Two canibals were cooking a live ethyopian man in a big cauldron, filled with boiling water and some vegetables, in what would be a nice soup. One of them started to hit the poor man in the head with the wooden spoon.

- What are you doing? - asked the other canibal.
- This son of a bit*h is eating all the patatoes!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #98
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

James Patrick is walking down the street in Dublin towards the church when a friend of his happens along.

"Is it confession you be going to, James?" asks his friend

"Oh, aye", replies James

"Well", responds his friend, "You'll no doubt be confessing your sins to Father O'Mally, noted disciplinarian! So you best be giving him all the details of all your sinning or there'll be no absolution "

"Aye" says James and into the church he goes.

He walks in and goes directly into the confessional and kneels down.

The little window slides up and none other than Father O'Mally says 'Go ahead son"

"Bless me Father for I have sinned", confesses James, "I made love to a woman, not me wife"

"Oh the shame of it all" scolds O'Mally, "And you a good Irish Catholic lad. What was her name son?"

"Um, her name?" mumbles James, "Um, you need her name"

"Aye lad, was it Maureen O'Reilly?"

"Uh, no Father, it wasn't. I didn't know you'd want a name"

"I do lad after all I am the priest for the whole parish. Was it Particia Flynn?"

"No Father it wasn't. I didn't know you want a name"

"Well son I am the shepherd for the entire flock and need all the details of all eh sinning. Was it Bridie Murphy?"

"No Father it wasn't and, frankly, I'm not prepared to tell you her name"

"Not prepared? Not prepared? Well son, I'm not prepared to forgive your sins. So they'll be no absolution now be off with you"

So, stunned, James walks out of the church and back up the street when his friend sees him again.

"So James, did you go to confession then?"

Oh aye" says James

"And was it Father O'Mally that heard your confession?"

"Aye" answers James

"And did you get absolution?"

"No" answers James, "but I got three new leads!"
Old 02-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #99
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Some more bad puns...

Subject: A Good Pun Is Its Own Reword

[SIZE=+0]* Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* A pessimist’s blood type is always B-negative.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Practice safe eating - always use condiments.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Shotgun wedding: a case of wife or death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* I used to work in a blanket factory, but it folded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* If electricity comes from electrons . . . does that mean that morality comes from morons?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Marriage is the mourning after the knot before.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* A hangover is the wrath of grapes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Corduroy pillows are making headlines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Sea captains don’t like crew cuts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* A successful diet is the triumph of mind over platter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Without geometry, life is pointless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* When you dream in color, it’s a pigment of your imagination.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* Reading whilst sunbathing makes you well-red.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]* When two egotists meet, it’s an I for an I.[/SIZE]
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #100
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
A Good Pun Is Its Own Reword
These puns are fun! But I gotta' run. I hope they're not done!
I love this thread!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 02-09-2009 at 11:28 AM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #101
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Subject: A Good Pun Is Its Own Reword
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
These puns are fun! But I gotta' run. I hope they're not done!
I love this thread!
I love this thread, good one!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #102
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

This is long but it's worth it!

Harry lived in Winter Harbor and had never been out of the state of Maine in his life. But, one day, he has to go to Boston to sign some papers. So, he takes the bus to Bangor and then the train on down through southern Maine, through New Hampshire and onto Boston.

He gets off the train in Boston and hails a cab asking the driver to take him to a good hotel. “Sure thing”, says the cabbie, and takes him to the Commonwealth Hotel.

Once there, Harry goes up to the desk to inquire as to the availability of a room. “Sorry”, says the desk clerk, “put we’re fully booked. However, if you don’t mind a wait, I might be able to take care of you. You see, this old fella just died up on four. We’re removing the body and cleaning up the room at the moment. So, if you don’t mind staying where a dead man just was, I can put you up for the night. In fact, why don’t you go on into the dinning room and have your supper? By the time you’re done, your room will be ready”

Harry thinks it over and decides he’s so tired and hungry he’ll do it. So, he goes off to the dinning room where the Maitre De shows him to a table and hands him a menu. Then the waitress comes up, dressed in a white skirt and blouse and asks what he’s like for supper. Harry orders the Baked Scrod and Boiled Potato.

“That’s fine“ says the waitress “and would you like some Clam Chowder?”

Harry says no. But the waitress responds, “You might want to reconsider Harry. Our Clam Chowder is reckoned to be the best in the City of Boston. People come from all over to eat it”

Harry still says no.

Then the maitre de comes over and tells Harry that their Clam Chowder is so good it’s thought to be the best in the entire State. In fact people come from as far away as Springfield and even western Massachusetts just to get a taste.

Harry ain’t having the Clam Chowder

Well then the Chef comes out and gets into it with Harry, telling him that he only uses the freshest clams and simmers it for 24 hours and, in fact, it’s considered to be the best Clam Chowder in all New England. People come from all over the Northeast US just to get a bowl.

But Harry says NO.

So the waitress flounces off in her white skirt and fetches Harry his Baked Scrod and boiled Potato. And it is delicious.

After he’s done and paid the bill, Harry goes on out to the front desk and signs the guest register and heads on up to his room on the fourth floor.

And, what with taking the bus from Winter Harbor to Bangor and the train to Boston and the cab to the hotel and arguing with the waitress and arguing with the maître de and arguing with the chef he’s mighty tuckered out. So, he goes straight to bed.

Well Harry ain’t been asleep 30 minutes when the door opens.

It’s a nurse and she ain’t heard the old fella’s died.

Well, before Harry knows what’s happened; down go the bed clothes, down go his pajama bottoms; She gives him an enema.

Well, next morning Harry goes and signs the papers and takes the train back to Bangor and the bus to Winter Harbor.

First thing he does when he gets home is go to see his neighbor Bert.

“Well Harry”, says Bert, “What did you think of Boston?”

“Well Bert”, answers Harry, “If you ever go to Boston and you stay in the Commonwealth Hotel and they offer you the Clam Chowder, you’d better take ‘cause they’re gonna get it into you one way or the other!”

Last edited by MickeyC; 02-15-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #103
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, 'Please come over here and help
Me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get
Started.'

Her boyfriend asks, 'What is it supposed to be when it's finished?'

The blonde says, 'According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster.'

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over
The table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to
Her and says,

'First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
Assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster.'

He takes her hand and says, 'Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a
Nice cup of tea, and then ..' he said with a deep sigh, . .. . .. . .. .

(scroll down)

'Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box.'

(with apologies to blondes.)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #104
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, 'Please come over here and help
Me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get
Started.'

Her boyfriend asks, 'What is it supposed to be when it's finished?'

The blonde says, 'According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster.'

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over
The table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to
Her and says,

'First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
Assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster.'

He takes her hand and says, 'Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a
Nice cup of tea, and then ..' he said with a deep sigh, . .. . .. . .. .

(scroll down)

'Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box.'

(with apologies to blondes.)
MWAHHAHAHAH!!!!

No offense taken
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #105
Over
Wizard

A boy comes crying to his mommy:
- Mommy! The guys in school are calling me a faggot!
- Just beat them until they stop teasing you.
- I can't do that! They're so cute!