Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Where are K4PC files?

Where on one's PC does K4PC store book files? I'm having trouble finding them, needless to say.

Thanks!
Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
On Vista mine show up in user/Documents/My Kindle Content. Can't speak for other versions of Windows.
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
On Vista mine show up in user/Documents/My Kindle Content. Can't speak for other versions of Windows.
It is the same for Windows 7 and I suspect the same for WinXP
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
Thanks! It's almost the same for XP: it's in c:\documents and settings\[username]\my documents\my kindle content.

I was beating my brains out searching for filenames containing the book titles. It never dawned on me that the files wind up with what appear to be arbitrary names. Mystery solved.

Many thanks,
Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote