Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #91
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Does anyone have a link to the nook App installer? From a trusted site?
Here you go! Nook App For Andriod
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #92
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Does anyone have a link to the nook App installer? From a trusted site?

FreeWare Lovers is a trusted site.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/nook

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-21-2011 at 02:01 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #93
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Cool, thanks. I also found about GetJar, which runs on the Fire as well. I was able to get it from there.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #94
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Talking Blossom

Thank you very much your all application, info helped me take out that oi calender. I was so embarrassed when i saw how easy it was, and i had gone thru hell, and how simple it was, but thats the thing about pc world for people like you guys who are pc smart what seems so simple its a nightmares for others lol. Atleast i can figure some things out once im directed on the right direction. Really loving this site not just for what we can get but also because i can see people here are very cool and willing to help.

OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscuridadBonita View Post
Thank you very much your all application, info helped me take out that oi calender. I was so embarrassed when i saw how easy it was, and i had gone thru hell, and how simple it was, but thats the thing about pc world for people like you guys who are pc smart what seems so simple its a nightmares for others lol. Atleast i can figure some things out once im directed on the right direction. Really loving this site not just for what we can get but also because i can see people here are very cool and willing to help.

You're very welcome! I love this place too.
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #96
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The Fire will cache some Apps to the Download folder on the Fire. Use ES File Explorer to navigate to this folder and you should see all App installation packages downloaded. These are not required to be kept after the App is installed. These will eat up valuable storage space on the Fire. The best place to keep the Apps is on your PC and if you ever need to reinstall an App you simply transfer it back, install it, and delete the install file from the Fire.

Do yourself a favor and get a copy of WiFi File Explorer Pro. This makes it much easier to transfer and manage files using a web browser. The latest version can be purchased from Amazon for 99 cents. An older version can be downloaded here so you can try before you buy:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4561.html
Awesome information! I downloaded the WI FI app from a previous post you had mentioned it in and it has made my life sooooo much easier!
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #97
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

book covers

I donot think this is a big issue but am just curious, I have a big set of books on the kindle fire now and when i had first put them in when i got it, it showed the book covers when i would click on the book options and you scroll thru the list you would see the title and the book cover, but now i see the title but the book cover is blank, its like this for most but not some. It works fine but am wondering what caused that to happen. Any one has any info or same problem?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I donot think this is a big issue but am just curious, I have a big set of books on the kindle fire now and when i had first put them in when i got it, it showed the book covers when i would click on the book options and you scroll thru the list you would see the title and the book cover, but now i see the title but the book cover is blank, its like this for most but not some. It works fine but am wondering what caused that to happen. Any one has any info or same problem?
I'd try to restart and see if it fixes or find the appmanager in applications settings and clear the data in it.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-22-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

CalenGoo has been marked down to $2.99 at the app store. So if you looking for a compatible calendar might want to buy it before it goes back up to $5.99
Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #100
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL

appmanager

I did what you said blossom and it still shows the covers in list as a blank page. But they work fine when i click to read them so oh well. Its just weird.But as long as it works not gonna freak out lol!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #101
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I did what you said blossom and it still shows the covers in list as a blank page. But they work fine when i click to read them so oh well. Its just weird.But as long as it works not gonna freak out lol!
That's weird. I haven't heard of it doing that. I wonder if it has something to do with the pdoc tag. Are these mobi or pdf files?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #102
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL

Smile mobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That's weird. I haven't heard of it doing that. I wonder if it has something to do with the pdoc tag. Are these mobi or pdf files?
Sorry just got home, they are mobi files. The weird thing is when i first put them in they were fine for the 2 days, my stephen kings collection which is on the doc menu on the kindle shows all the covers fine on the list, the rest of my books are on the book option on the kindle menu and thats where only a few covers show and the rest are blank. But when i click on them to read them they work fine and so on and it does shows the title on the list just not the cover pic, very weird indeed :O
Thanks for trying to help though, i just bought it a few days ago if anything else goes wrong besides this ill exchange it.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #103
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Sorry just got home, they are mobi files. The weird thing is when i first put them in they were fine for the 2 days, my stephen kings collection which is on the doc menu on the kindle shows all the covers fine on the list, the rest of my books are on the book option on the kindle menu and thats where only a few covers show and the rest are blank. But when i click on them to read them they work fine and so on and it does shows the title on the list just not the cover pic, very weird indeed :O
Thanks for trying to help though, i just bought it a few days ago if anything else goes wrong besides this ill exchange it.
Try doing a factory reset first to see if that fixes. Amazon will have you do that first before sending a replacement.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #104
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL

Talking yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Try doing a factory reset first to see if that fixes. Amazon will have you do that first before sending a replacement.
That worked!! you are awesome, every single problem that i come acrossed your answers always helped! Cannot thank you enough, even though i was still able to read the books that was so annoying no matter how i tried to ignored it. I put everything in my pc folder as back up so the factory restore thing loosing stuff was no problem, did it added everything back on it and now i can see the beautiful covers you are awesome blossom!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That worked!! you are awesome, every single problem that i come acrossed your answers always helped! Cannot thank you enough, even though i was still able to read the books that was so annoying no matter how i tried to ignored it. I put everything in my pc folder as back up so the factory restore thing loosing stuff was no problem, did it added everything back on it and now i can see the beautiful covers you are awesome blossom!
Yay! So happy it worked for you! We still don't know why it did that in the first place so keep an eye what apps you install in case one of them is the cause.