Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Sony T2 loading epubs directly

I am thinking of buying a Sony T2 here in Japan. the guy at the store said that you can only put books on it via the Sony Store but I don think thats right?

My friend has a PRS 350 and has put epubs on directly using his computer

is there a thread about this?

or can someone verify this for me?

Thanks
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
I have a T2 I bought here in France, and I have only side-loaded books onto it via my computer and Calibre. Have never even turned on the wi-fi to play with it.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok thanks fir that. I have just looked at a few youtube videos and yeh I think it can be done
Old 12-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
You were given incorrect information from the sales rep. In Canada I can buy books from Kobo & other sources on the reader itself.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
drdtyc
drdtyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2
You do not need any software to side load an ebook from a PC to the Sony T2.

When you connect the T2 to your PC using the supplied USB cable, the T2 will be seen by the PC as two hard drives. Using File Explorer, you will see one drive is labelled as "READER" and is given a drive letter (e.g. D: drive).

Just open File Explorer and drag the ebook from a folder on your PC and drop it to this "READER" drive (let say this is called D: drive) in the following folder D:Sony Reader\media\books

When the transfer is done, disconnect the USB cable. The T2 will refresh its screen and display the newly copied ebook under the Recently Added heading.

Last edited by drdtyc; 12-13-2013 at 11:26 PM.
drdtyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
I am thinking of buying a Sony T2 here in Japan. the guy at the store said that you can only put books on it via the Sony Store but I don think thats right?

Thanks
You were given incorrect if not false information. I've read far more ebooks on my Sony ereaders from other sources - including the MobileRead library - than I have from the Sony Bookstore.

I use calibre, and transferring ebook from any source to my Sonys is easy.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
injapan
Addict

Thanks very much guys! I bought the T2 and its great. I use calibre to put books on it with no problem at all. by the way it was only 4700yen! New! Thats about $50 US
so cheap for a great device