Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
gala
gala began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
The best lamp for kobo mini (e readers)?

Hi,

I would like to buy a light for kobo mini, but I have no idea which one is the best. Can you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!
gala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I bought a Kandle. I've had no problems with it.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looks nice --> http://www.amazon.ca/Kandle-Ozeri-De.../dp/B0031116K8
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
gala

Do you have maybe any other ideas which lamp I could buy?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Gala, after reading this thread a few days ago, I looked up the Kandle (love the name, a clever play on the words "candle" and. "kindle".

It received good reviews on Amazon and I am considering one. But I don't want to waste my money.

Have you experienced or heard something negative about the kandle?
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Note that there are 2 different models, an older version with two lights, the newer having three.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, David_e, the kandle II had better feedback than the original unit and was nominally more expensive. I am curious to hear from a serious e book reader (like on this forum) who has used one..
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
gala

No, desert dog, I didn't hear anything negative about kandle, but I'm curious if there is something more that only kandle lamp for e-readers.

Last edited by gala; 12-19-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
desert dog
Zealot

Ok gala, thanks for the feedback. I will probably wait to order one until after the holidays and my bank account recovers from the abuse. Let us know whar kind of light you decide on and how it works for you.

Tags
light lamp kobo mini