Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kindle/Nook/Sony) The Clinch Knot [Rural Mystery/Crime Thriller]

The Clinch Knot, 3rd in John Galligan's "Ned Ogilvie Fly Fishing Mysteries", is a small-town amateur sleuth crime thriller, free courtesy of Adams Media's Tyrus imprint.

Currently free @ Amazon UK, will no doubt show up in the main store and likely elsewhere later.

#4, The Wind Knot, was previously offered as a freebie in August, in multiple stores, and it and #2 The Blood Knot, are both available to borrow in the Kindle Lending Library for US Amazon Prime members.

I do kind of wonder what's going to happen when the marketing department runs out of reasonably plausible un-silly-sounding fly-fishing-related "The [INSERT NOUN HERE] Knot" titles to use further along the series.

Description
The Dog is in Livingston, Montana, daydreaming about fishing the Stone and, as usual, subsisting on Swisher Sweets, vodka-Tang, and the hope that pretending to forget will be enough.

He's forged a few tenuous friendships, and now finds himself watching from the bank as troubled local girl Jesse Ringer leads D'Ontario Sneed into the swift current of young love. It's sweet, really . . . but some of the locals object to the relationship on the basis of Sneed's skin color.

Then the unthinkable: vibrant, wild Jesse is found shot in the head, and Sneed is passed out in her car, gun beside him, window seams taped, and engine running. Sneed is hospitalized for severe carbon monoxide poisoning and can't string together a sentence to defend himself, so it falls to the Dog.

If only the Dog could run from his life without ending up in the tangle and snarl of the lives of others. A man who wants to lose himself in the current must be careful of his backcast; it'll always keep him tethered to a life he's trying to forget.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now also free @ B&N.
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
I know nothing about fly fishing. I could hang out with the fly fisher people reasonably well thoughn, iirc I was the first of my dad's friends kids to gut my own fish. As the only girl of the group it got me huge bonus points.
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I like fishing in general, though I've never been good at it. We don't fish so much since my wife had her hips replaced.

Still like to cook fish though.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard

This is now also free @ Sony (available to Canadians), after spending a few days at $1.99*.

* Sony Reader Store interns: clueless promo freebie price updaters, or most clueless promo freebie price updaters? U-Decide!
Advert