Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
New Member...New Thread?

I wasn't sure if my introduction required a new thread or not. This seemed to be what others have done. So...

I here am new. I was searching the net looking for a resolution to my recent Pandigital Novel problem -- no covers appearing in my library. Even those covers that appeared previously are now gone. Anyway, this is not the place to answer said question. Just telling you what brought me here. Thought I'd stay a spell.*

*Watching "O Brother Where Art Thou?" just now. Must be rubbin' off.
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
Dawdler
Enthusiast
Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle 3
Welcome, I have roots in New Mexico as well, my sister just bought a PDN and I pointed her here and its helped her a lot. Good Luck and if you have any book questions this is the place to be
Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Caesius and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Caesius. And I hope you enjoyed that movie -- one of my all-time favourites. Very best wishes for 2011. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Happy Holidays!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Caesius

Yes, a new thread is good......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks for the greetings everyone! So nice to get that. And thanks for the link Dawdler! I will certainly go there.
And thank you for the many "here's what we're all about" links, Desertgrandma!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
Dawdler
Enthusiast
Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dawdler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesius View Post
Thanks for the greetings everyone! So nice to get that. And thanks for the link Dawdler! I will certainly go there.
And thank you for the many "here's what we're all about" links, Desertgrandma!
glad to help, let me know how it goes for you, if I find anymore tips I'll pass them along.
Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #11
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you'll have all your questions answered quickly. Lots of nice and helpful people here.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:54 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 AM   #13
Caesius
Melancholy Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you'll have all your questions answered quickly. Lots of nice and helpful people here.
From what I've seen I'm sure that's true. I also have to be patient, though. I posted a question that Chango714 also asked on 12/14/2010 (but no answer was found in that thread as of New Year's Day). Not having an answer has me at a complete stand-still because it has to do with file names. Given the level of expertise I see on this forum it is almost embarrassing. I imagine it is an awfully simple issue. But, if I move forward without an answer, then it is very likely I will have to change all the file names for each book in my reader as well as their corresponding cover thumbnails. Since I already have to go through them all to match them up (making sure the thumbnail file name matches the epub file name), then I don't want to have to do it all over again because I got it wrong. I can't go by what I've seen in downloaded books as the file names have not been consitent (pre-loaded classics from Barnes & Noble had only numbers as the file name).

I hope I'm not breaking any rules repeating the question here, but people are reading this thread and the other is buried (plus it is a holiday weekend, so I'm lucky to get anyone). So, here's my question (posted elsewhere):

How does the Unit* sort Title and Author? Is it based on the file name? What is the naming standard? (Author) Last Name_Title? (Author)LN, FN, Title, Underscores? Commas? Jelly Beans?

*Newest Pandigital Novel. 4GB 7" yadda yadda yadda standard -- No firmware or updates of any kind. Just out of the box and loaded with books (pre-load and my own).

I ask for, and completely appreciate, your understanding.

Last edited by Caesius; 01-02-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Include Unit Info