Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #31
baralong
baralong began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Opus (if I can)
Bother, just my luck. I ordered a 505 on Friday... tracking says it left the USA on Saturday and I'm expecting it this week
baralong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #32
sononkyo
sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sononkyo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS300S, PRS505S (ret.) PRS 500 (ret.)
Sony is fighting back with a vengeance, probably because of Howard Stringer's interview where he laments not pushing the eBook market as hard. If the CEO makes it his pet project, this division is getting priority. LOVED the pricing tiers if they are true.

Nice response to the Sony surveys sent earlier this year.

It all hinges on the screen quality of the touch screen -- if the screen checks out, first day purchase of the PRS-600.
sononkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
my order says shipped.
which model did you order ? has your credit card been charged ? it seems unlikely they could ship the order already...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #34
baralong
baralong began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Opus (if I can)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
which model did you order ? has your credit card been charged ? it seems unlikely they could ship the order already...
I got the Silver 505 and it was via Ebay and Pay PAL (so yes to the credit card) ordered Friday West Australian time so there was an entire Friday working day to post it off

Still pretty happy it's coming though
baralong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baralong View Post
I got the Silver 505 and it was via Ebay and Pay PAL (so yes to the credit card) ordered Friday West Australian time so there was an entire Friday working day to post it off

Still pretty happy it's coming though
i'm sure you are. enjoy it. i was actually surprised that someone had ordered one of the new models, and their order status says shipped ; but perhaps i've misunderstood.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
boylec
boylec began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Well yes, it seemed that oncdoc was implying that s/he had ordered a newer one and had it shipped already.
boylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I just noticed that, when you click on the links, you don't get anything related to either the 300 or the 600
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #38
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
just kidding sorry. nope im waiting with u all.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I just noticed that, when you click on the links, you don't get anything related to either the 300 or the 600
Yes, I updated the first message. Seems they were a bit excited and realized they got these pages out to early. I wonder if Sony is planning on announcing them soon. AFIK though, there is nothing scheduled.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sononkyo View Post
Sony is fighting back with a vengeance, probably because of Howard Stringer's interview where he laments not pushing the eBook market as hard. If the CEO makes it his pet project, this division is getting priority. LOVED the pricing tiers if they are true.

Nice response to the Sony surveys sent earlier this year.

It all hinges on the screen quality of the touch screen -- if the screen checks out, first day purchase of the PRS-600.

Off-Topic:

Is that your American Express card, and do I have permission to use it to fund major electronics purchases?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
my order says shipped.
What did you order?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #42
markkazdad
markkazdad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Google cached JR's pages

The pages are still in Google's cache if you search for the URLs given in the first post.
markkazdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #43
mirakix
Enthusiast
mirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-700
Thumbs down

Sony - no more!

I have had it with Sony. I purchased a PRS-700 this year and asked them a dozen times if they intend to include a dicitionary, a resolution for the blurry screen and several other things in their next firmware update. No answer so far. Instead they just develop new half baked gadgets and sell them for the full price.

No solution for "used books" (resell them through their bookstore, extend the drm to give them away to let's say 5 "friends" or sth like that)

I would not recommend Sony any more. It is all about profit and not about the customer.

My five cents
mira
mirakix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #44
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakix View Post
Sony - no more!

I have had it with Sony. I purchased a PRS-700 this year and asked them a dozen times if they intend to include a dicitionary, a resolution for the blurry screen and several other things in their next firmware update. No answer so far. Instead they just develop new half baked gadgets and sell them for the full price.

No solution for "used books" (resell them through their bookstore, extend the drm to give them away to let's say 5 "friends" or sth like that)

I would not recommend Sony any more. It is all about profit and not about the customer.

My five cents
mira

I don't think any other company would do things differently.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #45
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakix View Post
Sony - no more!

My five cents
mira
If they were working on things like dictionary, they can't really tell you that stuff until it is released. If the blurry screen bothered you, you frankly should have returned the 700.

And the used book thing - that's across the board. All of the major companies use DRM (not that we like it), but it's not just a Sony thing. You can share books on up to 5 other devices as long as they are on the same account, however.

Not trying to be rude, just pointing a few things out.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote