Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #901
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2

All this is built into conversion settings
Preferences: common options: look and feel: Filter style information (tab near bottom) allows complete removal of ticked item
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #902
dickloraine
Addict
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Preferences: common options: look and feel: Filter style information (tab near bottom) allows complete removal of ticked item
Yes, it is in calibres conversion options. But I use modify epub if doing a complete conversion would be overkill. A conversion does much more than to simply remove these styles.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #903
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Yes, we are aware this can usually be done in conversions -- nevertheless, the plugin was created, for targeted changes.

Oh wait, you were talking about these specific modifications of dickloraine.
Well, the same logic applies.

tl;dr This is a plugin designed to do minimalistic changes specifically to avoid conversions. Such changes are within its purview...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #904
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
No, it does what it says. It removes all font-family stylings. If you don't want that, don't use it. Just as remove line-height removes all this settings, regardless if it is used in some places for a special effect. Or remove embeded fonts removes all fonts, even if some are needed for special glyphs.
That sounds like an incredibly blunt tool to me. I wouldn't use any of these three routines myself, just because they're so broad. So many books out there use monospace or an embedded font to convey meaning (an email, a handwritten note) that I'd never feel comfortable just stripping them all out.

But that's me, and I'm not the ultimate gatekeeper here. However, I would ask that if you get clearance to add them in, check with me so I can bundle some tweaks to the unpretty routine into the same update.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #905
dickloraine
Addict
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
After looking at the first few pages of this thread, I don't think my modifications really fit within the plugin. I did them for myself and they help me with getting some books quickly into a version useable on my kobo, but if I interpret right, what kiwidude said, modifying the css is not in the intended behaviour. Maybe the stance has changed somewhen, but I think not.
Any ideas what I should do with it? As I said, it is just a little hack, with narrow usecases, so I don't feel like it deserves its own thread.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #906
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
I'd find it useful
I do those three tweaks manually for every new book in sigil, so I would appreciate automated one click somewhere
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote