Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sony Reader Shipped

I ordered a Sony Reader from the Sony site yesterday expecting to hear something sometime next month. Got the following email this morning when i can in to work early (6:15 am)

Could have knocked me over with a feather. Wouldn't put much credence in it except it has a specific Fed Ex tracking number. We'll see I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------
The following items have been shipped:

Order Number: #SW06092627418

Product: PRS-500
Qty: 1
Description: Sony® Portable Reader System
Date Shipped: 09/26/06
Shipping Status: http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/
Shipper: FXSP
Package Tracking Number: 02175785344001102745
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Same status for me!!!

But that might only mean they prepared the package and shipping info for FedEx Smartpost in advance of the actual package pickup/dropoff (as opposed to having it in FedEx's hands already). In any case, it seems very close indeed!

Btw, assuming everyone's ships the same way as mine, if you want to see more about how it will get to you with the free shipping option:

http://www.fedex.com/us/smartpost/approach/process.html
http://www.fedex.com/us/smartpost/
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Same status for me!!!

But that might only mean they prepared the package and shipping info for FedEx Smartpost in advance of the actual package pickup/dropoff (as opposed to having it in FedEx's hands already). In any case, it seems very close indeed!

Yes that's quite possible and probably more likely. But since there is a Fed Ex tracking link we can check it periodically to see if there is an actual pickup. If and when that appears we'll know something.

Meanwhile my Cybook is in my work bag and all my books are loaded on there. My ex-girlfriend is borrowing my old E-bookwise.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur

In looking at the Sony site they're showing actual ship date of 9-26 with an estimated delivery date of 10-4. The cradle which I also ordered shows out of stock and shipping date unknown.

I'll post something as soon as (and IF) I see Fed Ex pickup data unless someone else does first.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #5
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
I expect a lot of review posts from you lucky weenies
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #6
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug
I expect a lot of review posts from you lucky weenies

Nah... be too busy reading. lol
Old 09-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Guys,

I got this:

Quote:
Product: PRS-500
Per Unit Price: $ 349.99
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $ 349.99
Description: Sony® Portable Reader System
Ship Method: Ground
Estimated Ship Date: 10/25/2006
Did you guys also had that date on the receipt or is the stock already empty?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Guys,

I got this:

I haven't even recieved an email about my purchase yet, and I made the purchase yesterday around 8:30 am PST
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
gbdesai
gbdesai began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
I ordered yesterday and it showed an estimated ship date of 9/28 and it actually shipped (at least got assigned a tracking number) the same day. I recall someone indicating that as of yesterday afternoon 130 units were being readied for shipment and 50 were still available.

Most people that ordered yesterday had the 9/28 estimated ship date.
gbdesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdesai
I ordered yesterday and it showed an estimated ship date of 9/28 and it actually shipped (at least got assigned a tracking number) the same day. I recall someone indicating that as of yesterday afternoon 130 units were being readied for shipment and 50 were still available.

Most people that ordered yesterday had the 9/28 estimated ship date.

So after all the time Sony took to release my baby they didn't even build up a decent stock?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
So after all the time Sony took to release my baby they didn't even build up a decent stock?
They didn't seem worried about running out, but they also (presumably) have retail locations to supply.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

This sorta sucks.

I'm having my 3 day weekend off from work starting Friday, and I'll probably have to wait untill Monday to get it x2
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I just checked my order on their web site. I ordered at 6:36pm yesterday and I evidently missed the first batch. The site says the device is currently out of stock but they expect to ship mine 9/29.

But for $112 I should still have it Monday right?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur

Manifest ID: 1722479

Date Sept 27, 2006
Time 12:00 AM
Description Carrier Notification Made

Location LONG BEACH, CA
Old 09-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #15
gbdesai
gbdesai began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Same here. Same manifest for me too... I guess that is the manifest for the first batch...

Manifest ID: 1722479
Date Time Description Location
September 27, 2006 12:00 AM Carrier Notification Made LONG BEACH, CA
gbdesai is offline   Reply With Quote