Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #1951
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Did you get updated? If so, you will need to reinstall all hacks using MobileRead Package Installer.
I don't know. I don't know what firmware I had before this. But let's say I didn't. What do I do in that case if only SS hack is out?
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #1952
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Why don't you first try reinstalling SS and see if that helps?

The jailbreak/MKK/KUAL are expected to preserve themselves through updates, but anything else kept on the OS partition do not, e.g. screensavers, python, font hack, usbnetwork... pretty much anything that was installed via an update_*.bin

Why, do you have anything else that is still working?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #1953
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Re-installed MR Package Installer, and then added kindle python and kindle links files and I have my SS hack back.

Thanks.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #1954
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You're welcome.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #1955
sorg
sorg began at the beginning.

Device: SNE60
Hi !

what is the best way to check the version of the currently installed jailbreak on my Kindle ?
sorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #1956
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg View Post
Hi !

what is the best way to check the version of the currently installed jailbreak on my Kindle ?
Just install the most recent version on top of what is already there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #1957
sorg
sorg began at the beginning.

Device: SNE60
that's what i did...
sorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #1958
cholia
cholia began at the beginning.

Device: kp2
Hello everybody !

I'm quite a noob in this domain (sorry), and I want to jailbreak my kp2, running 5.6.1.0.6 (in want to be able to read epub, and change the screensaver)

Is it possible ? do anyone have a tutorial step by step link ?

Last edited by cholia; 05-27-2015 at 05:59 PM.
cholia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:52 AM   #1959
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholia View Post
Hello everybody !

I'm quite a noob in this domain (sorry), and I want to jailbreak my kp2, running 5.6.1.0.6 (in want to be able to read epub, and change the screensaver)

Is it possible ? do anyone have a tutorial step by step link ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257646
Old 05-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #1960
qqqqqqqqqqqz
qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesMD View Post
HELP!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I have a PW running FW 5.6.2.1, and I've attempted this severl times, but everytime I go to "Update Kindle" it is still gray! I just want to jailbreak this thing!
You can't jailbreak that version yet, at least not through update files.
The jailbreak is for 5.0.x-5.4.x only.

If you want you jailbreak that version, you'll need to take your kindle apart and have precise soldering skills.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257646

Last edited by qqqqqqqqqqqz; 05-28-2015 at 11:00 PM.
qqqqqqqqqqqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #1961
fallenfuzz
fallenfuzz began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Guys,

If have 5.6.1.0.2 version, already jailbroken.
What would be the most safely procedure while upgrading to 5.6.2.1, if possible at all without losing jailbreak.

Thanks

Last edited by fallenfuzz; 05-30-2015 at 06:34 AM.
fallenfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #1962
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post
Guys,

If have 5.6.1.0.2 version, already jailbroken.
What would be the most safely procedure while upgrading to 5.6.2.1, if possible at all without losing jailbreak.

Thanks
Already jail broken with what version of the jb?
+++
Read the notice in the first post of this thread.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #1963
fallenfuzz
fallenfuzz began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Already jail broken with what version of the jb?
+++
Read the notice in the first post of this thread.
Thanks for your replay knc1.
I have kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N-r11246 - used it last time while upgrading to the 5.6.1 ver.
fallenfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #1964
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post
Thanks for your replay knc1.
I have kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N-r11246 - used it last time while upgrading to the 5.6.1 ver.
You should not have any trouble with the jb surviving (also the MKK install).

Other add-ins may have to be re-installed (with MrPI).
Old 06-16-2015, 06:27 AM   #1965
Doc H
Awesome Student
Doc H began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hi there!

A short while ago I Jailbreaked my Paperwhite 2.

Since the Last Update (5.6.2.1) I can't get the SSH-server to work.
Neither Dropbear, nor OpenSSH.

My Kindle says:
" N * USBNetwork: enabled (usbnet, ssh down?) * "

And when I restrict SSH to WiFi:
" N * SSHD is down (usbms, wifi only) *

Is there anybody else with this problem?

And if I noticed it right, it is not possible to connect the Kindle to a Network via WiFi if this network is not connected to the Internet. Is there any solution for this?
Doc H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch