I park way out where there are plenty of spaces 16 44.44%
I will knock an old lady down to get a space close 1 2.78%
It doesn't matter because I use two spaces 3 8.33%
I don't drive...... 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Where do you park?

Have been doing some shopping with DH the last couple of days, and a poll idea came along. (Big surprise)

Whenever I drive somewhere, I usually park 'out in the boonies', where there is plenty of room to maneuver, and I don't have to wait. The walk to the entrance is a good time to put away keys, think about what I need, etc. Also, less chance of some idiot scratching my car.

Whenever my husband drives, we have to park as near to the front as possible. He doesn't mind walking, just likes the spots closer to the entrance. He will manage to slip the car between spaces I would swear there isn't room to do so.........or will drive around and around until there is a spot. (No, we never do the handicap spaces, thats big time bad karma! )

So..........where do you park?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I always try to pull through spaces so that I am facing out and do not have to back up. other than that I guess it depends on where I am as far as the parking location
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I hardly ever drive now so when I do I always go for the biggest space I can find - it's safer for everyone.

I don't own a car, so whatever I'm driving doesn't belong to me!

I have also noticed that there are some people who ALWAYS find a really close space, and others who never do and have to drive round the car park for hours.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
reverse park whenever i can.....i like walking so i don't crowd the entrance ways like some do.....oh - and i avoid anywhere where i have to pay - if possible.....oh and by getting away from others i can at least be partly sure no-one's gonna bash my door in with theirs'....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I tend to park where there's most room (my car is relatively big and UK parking spaces tend to be small).

Don't mind walking a bit.

BTW, I would happily reintroduce flogging for any able bodied person who parks in a disabled spot
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Healthy people who part in the "handicapped" spaces REALLY annoy me. I just park wherever there's room. I have a small car, so it's rarely a problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Healthy people who part in the "handicapped" spaces REALLY annoy me. I just park wherever there's room. I have a small car, so it's rarely a problem.
At our local supermarket a couple of years ago, I actually saw a professional footballer (that's a soccer player for the linguistically challenged out there ) park in a 'handicapped' space. I was so angry!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It wouldn't be a Dalek speedster would it?

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I park at the farthest end of the parking lot. UNLESS, there is a place that has more shade and it's a zillion degrees out, in which case that's my first choice.

But, most of the time, I don't mind the walk. Now, if MaMaw Moon is with me, then she brings her handicapped sign, and we stick it up and park in one of the handicapped spots. If she forgets it, then I drop her off in front of the store, then drive to the far end of the parking lot, park, and then walk it. The process is repeated in reverse when we leave.

That poor dear lady can barely walk out to the rocker on her own porch, much less all the way across some store's parking lot.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh yeah that's a point! I look for shade!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
It wouldn't be a Dalek speedster would it?
No, I have a Mini:

Mine is the same as the one in the picture, except that it's blue rather than red. Same "Union Jack" roof, though.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I have a BMW, so I have to park in two spots. If I park in one, it crwals over two while I am in the store. If I park so i am boxed in by three cars it whines for the rest of the week.

True story. Must have been programmed by otters.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I have a BMW, so I have to park in two spots. If I park in one, it crwals over two while I am in the store. If I park so i am boxed in by three cars it whines for the rest of the week.

How do you persuade your BMW to leave the fast lane of the motorway in order to get to a car park?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

It's an ottermobile.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
How do you persuade your BMW to leave the fast lane of the motorway in order to get to a car park?
It usually involves a two by four and a lot of screaming.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote