Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
garconcanadien1
garconcanadien1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912
pocketbook 912 already broken after 1 month

Hi, I have a pocketbook reader 912 that has frozen on the last screen that I used. I am unable to make any buttons work on it, and when I plug in a usb cable, the machine does not respond. I've bought it for a month now. What should I do?
thank you,
GC
garconcanadien1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Pictures? You may have broken the glass.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Or the battery is simply complete empty. Broken glass is mormally visible by irregular patterns that don't change during page refresh.
Connect it for at least one whole night to either computer or USB wallcharger (1000mA min.). Wallcharger is the better solution because sometimes USB via computer doesn't charge althouh it should, and a complete depleted battery can take up to three hours of recharging before it shows any sign of life again.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
MathieuP
MathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 903 Pro
I second the previous suggestion. It happened once to me, after I totally depleted the battery (not a smart thing to do: it shortens battery life).
I also had one occurence of the device hanging completely, and not responding to USB connection. Removing and reinserting the battery solved the issue.
MathieuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
garconcanadien1

can you teach me how to reinsert the battery on the device? I can't access my device for now and don't have the manual saved anywhere else =p thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by garconcanadien1 View Post
can you teach me how to reinsert the battery on the device? I can't access my device for now and don't have the manual saved anywhere else =p thanks
Slide down the backplate (a bit tricky, because it's a very tight fit) and then you see the battery, remove the screw and take it out. Leave it out and press the power button for at least 20 seconds before inserting battery back.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
garconcanadien1

here's a picture - no broken glass there.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
garconcanadien1

picture of device here:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...025122139.jpg/
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #9
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
That symbol in the top right of your screen looks like it might be the control lock symbol (a key inside a box). If so, then it means you probably set the lock by mistake, and most of the buttons won't work now. Just tap the power switch to enable and disable the lock.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
garconcanadien1

I have tried to tap the power button multiple times and it doesn't work anymore.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
That symbol in the top right of your screen looks like it might be the control lock symbol (a key inside a box). If so, then it means you probably set the lock by mistake, and most of the buttons won't work now. Just tap the power switch to enable and disable the lock.
I agree with rkomar that your device is locked, although the menu with the last open books etc should not show. Have you tried to reset the device (by depressing the reset button at the bottom of the device, next to the USB port)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
garconcanadien1

ok its fixed - it all of a sudden accepted a usb charger and is back to lilfe