Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How does the screen of the Opus compare to the Pearl screen of the 350?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
oh, no, white letters on black (dark) background I cannot stand - must be some brain oversensitivity as lines start to blur and my eyes hurt very soon. I cannot read a newspaper article for even a few minutes if it's printed on black background. The same for internet forums, I have to highlight text if it's white on black.
I have the same issue with white on black, I can't focus properly on the text and it blurs. What I find works very well me for is to use a light blue or green on black, and I'm currently using light red on black. None of those seem to have the same issue that white or light yellow have, so you might want to give it a go.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #18
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
My first reader was a gen3, I loved it but it had some technical issues, so I bought an Opus to replace it. I liked the size of the Gen3 better for reading at home, but the Opus is great to carry around in the metro and, well, everywhere. Probably some day I will buy a reader with a touchscreen, but there's no hurry.

I have the accelerometer on, I rarely change the orientation but it can be handy when squeezed in a crowd on the train. It does sometimes change when I don't want it to, but not enough for me to disable it. And it's nothing compared to the iThings, they change orientation every time I set them down!! I'm grateful for the lock button on the iPad.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote