Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
This is active content for the PW My Checklist
Yes, I found that after looking at notpad plus. And playing around with it, it is rather disappointing. I don't mean the features, but the e-ink experience of it. I think I reconsider my previous belief that the eink kindles can be useful for much. Makes it even less understandable why Amazon is not interested in letting more developers in.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...qid=1357011196

there's some more free games on Amazon right now:
- Challenger RPG a Free Roleplaying Game
- Hamster Habitat (A Free Puzzle Game for Kindle)
- Math Blender (A Free Puzzle Game for Kindle)
- Shuffled Row (A Free Word Game for Kindle)
- Video Poker (A Free Game for Kindle)
- Every Word (A Free Game for Kindle)
- Blackjack (A Free Game for Kindle)
- Dots and Boxes (A Free Game for Kindle)
- Thread Words (A Free Word Game for Kindle)
- Number Slide (A Free Game for Kindle)

and many more paid games.
Most of the freebies are simple word games. Nothing fancy, no 3D graphics.

Too bad minesweeper does not work, but also I wished they had something like patience!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
Paxo57
Paxo57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
These listed as not currently available in the UK
Paxo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxo57 View Post
These listed as not currently available in the UK
It's been stated at least three times in this thread that "active content" is only available in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
Paxo57
Paxo57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I'm aware of that, but people still keep going on about how easy it is to get hold of this content
Paxo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
What annoyed me was following a link here and thinking 'wow that game looks cool' but when I went to d/l it I was just re-directed to the UK site with no mention that it was not available there, and then spent 20 minutes trying to find it :-(
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 AM   #22
ciarpame
ciarpame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I live in Italy so no active content for me too: do you know if someone developed kindle active contents ebooks here in this forum? It seems not, quickly browsing and searching dev corner.
For example I was looking for a notepad. BTW, I have a jailbroken K5 device with fw 5.3.2 so I cannot use anything needing GUI launcher.
ciarpame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
I don't know if it works for Italian customers, but when I go to amazon.com it asks me if I want to transfer my Kindle-Account to amazon.com. Once I do that I have complete access to the US Kindle store, including active content.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I've never been able to run Active Content on my PW all of which runs fine on my KK. I rely on my KFHD7-32 for all my apps. I use my PW only for reading eBooks.

Frankly, I can't even run my Osnova bibles on the PW and they run fine on my KK. I now rely on my AcroBible on the KFHD7-32.

One feature which runs on my PW in addition to the regular dictionary is my Bible Encyclopedia. I use it with my NIV and One Year Bible on the PW.

I suspect the Bible Encyclopedia may be incompatible with Active Content but will stick with the former since the latter is totally obsolete anyway compared to Apps for the KFHD7-32.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #25
ciarpame
ciarpame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
I don't know if it works for Italian customers, but when I go to amazon.com it asks me if I want to transfer my Kindle-Account to amazon.com. Once I do that I have complete access to the US Kindle store, including active content.
So I could transfer my Kindle account to amazon.com, buy whatever I want (including active content ebooks) and easily switch back to amazon.it without losing anything I bought on both stores?

No side effects?

Thanks
ciarpame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I found, at the time of this writing,
grid detective,
Every word crossing, and a few other freebies on amazon!

Too bad minesweeper is only on the tablets, not the paperwhite.
Mine Sweeper for Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Sweeper/d...s=mine+sweeper

I've played it on my K3 in the past, and it's one of the free games.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Mine Sweeper for Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Sweeper/d...s=mine+sweeper

I've played it on my K3 in the past, and it's one of the free games.
Available for the K4 Basic only, of the newer kindles.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Available for the K4 Basic only, of the newer kindles.
Ah, ok. From the posting I thought it was meant that the poster couldn't find it for their Kindle (only for fire etc).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
vash k
vash k began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Pqaperwhite
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarpame View Post
So I could transfer my Kindle account to amazon.com, buy whatever I want (including active content ebooks) and easily switch back to amazon.it without losing anything I bought on both stores?

No side effects?

Thanks
if you transfer your kindle account to another amazon you will only have half your books each time. juse change the address on your kindle on amazon with Manage Your Kindle and Country Settings. change your address to the right country and you keep all your books. I used it to download the free games
vash k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #30
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
What I really need is a fully functional graphing calculator. That would make my day.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote