Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #16
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
here's what it looks like now.

i really wonder if it wouldn't be possible to just fiddle with the screen connector...
I reckon it's worth a fiddle! What have you got to lose? Impact and "garbled" display sure sounded like a broken substrate, but this doesn't really. You may have gotten lucky.

(Even if it's of no use to you, perhaps you can give it away or donate it if you can get it working again.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:03 AM   #17
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
here's what it looks like now.

i really wonder if it wouldn't be possible to just fiddle with the screen connector...

but now i got two new babies on my hands (kobo glo hd and h20 so the sony looks really old and broken.
That doesnt look like a broken substrate. Google it and youll see images.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, replacement, sony