Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #181
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Just got my shipping notice as well, Canada Post says delivery should be on the 22nd.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #182
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Just got my shipping notice as well, Canada Post says delivery should be on the 22nd.
Man I am waiting like a kid on Christmas just for an email saying mine shipped. Then it starts all over again once I get the email as I wait for the Aura to arrive... Being an eReader junky can have its bad side.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #183
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
My Aura has shipped. I have a tracking number and everything! Knowing Canada Post, 5-7 day shipping will no doubt be 7.

EDIT The tracking number didn't appear to be in the system yet. It was, however the link in the confirmation email had a leading '. Once I removed it and searched for a tracking number that was all numbers (without the initial '), all was well. It should arrive (or so they say) on the 25th.
We want to see the unveiling video....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #184
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Ordered an Espresso, but no shipping notice yet.

Now if they will release the Espresso cover described on their web site...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #185
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Mine just arrived! Rare for Canada Post to deliver that fast, just got the delivery notice earlier today.

Edit: forced update required (as usual for kobo devices), impatiently waiting for it to finish so I can play with my new toy.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 04-19-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Additional info
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #186
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Ordered an Espresso, but no shipping notice yet.

Now if they will release the Espresso cover described on their web site...
The Espresso covers were available on the first day and sold out.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #187
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
I got my shipping notice today - Expected ETA on the 24th. I guess I'll quit downloading books now & get started on my new eReader cover. I've made my own cases for the last two, I'll post pics when I get this one done.
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #188
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Interesting that the firmware version is 2.5.0 same as it is on the touch glo and mini yet it looks so different on the Aura.

Edit: it also only downloaded 5 of my books rather than all of my library, nice touch so I didn't have to wait quite as long to start playing with this new toy. Download links beside all of the books in library that have not yet been downloaded.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 04-19-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #189
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Edit: it also only downloaded 5 of my books rather than all of my library, nice touch so I didn't have to wait quite as long to start playing with this new toy. Download links beside all of the books in library that have not yet been downloaded.
That's standard with 2.4+ firmware these days. Most people haven't discovered that because there is no way you would unless you had to factory reset.
You lucky bugger to have it already though!!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #190
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Mine just arrived! Rare for Canada Post to deliver that fast, just got the delivery notice earlier today.
What color did you get?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #191
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You have to live one block away from the factory to get it so fast!

Have a great time discovering it, and please share plenty of details to make us green with envy. Still no pre-order here
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #192
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I just got an email from Kobo saying my Aura has shipped! Delivery (to the US) says 4 to 10 business days. I'm hoping for 4 since we'll be out of town the fifth day on for six days. I'm really looking forward to playing with this device! I never dreamed they'd ship it before the 25th.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #193
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
What color did you get?
Ivory
Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #194
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
You have to live one block away from the factory to get it so fast!

Have a great time discovering it, and please share plenty of details to make us green with envy. Still no pre-order here
I am in Russell, which is just east of Ottawa, when I looked in more detail at the tracking info on Canada post site it showed it was picked up last night from kobo, still surprised I got it today (about an hour after I got the email from kobo that it had shipped!)
Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #195
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
WOW!!! Less than 24 hours from when I ordered it and I have an Onyx Aura HD in my hand!!!!!!!!

I must say the cord is fancy... Just going through my set up now.

First thoughts:
- It is very smooth, I think I like the rubberized backing of the glo better.
- It fits (barely) into a roots sleeve for the original KOBO.
- Out of the box, set up and now ready to read took about 10 minutes.
- Home screen looks very nice.

Reading time !

Last edited by Mostly Math; 04-19-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote