Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question Anyone return "Glow" & buy NST?

I'm on several waiting lists for the Glow and while excited to get it, I am reading several posts about defective screens, and other problems.

I would like to know if anyone bought a Glow, decided it wasn't all that great, and returned it and bought a NST? I will be upgrading from a 1st Gen Nook with Wifi.

Happy with your decision?

Tiniree
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
schwegs104
schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.schwegs104 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2
I bought the Glow version and I love it. We also have the NST in our house and there's not much of a difference for the actual screen. The NST may have slightly better contrast, but its not enough to outweigh the perk of having the Glow feature. I would def buy the Glow!
schwegs104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Thanks! I will if the stores ever get them back in stock :-P
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
mollyjp
mollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watchmollyjp is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Color
I love my glow!! Had it a few weeks ago....sold my Nook Color to buy it....couldn't be happier!
mollyjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Very happy with the glow
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Bobby Steel
Bobby Steel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 16GB
I returned my GlowWorm after the 2 week refund period and repurchased the ST. I gave it a shot thinking if I used it for a while I'd get used to the gray text on the Glow. In the end, while I think the light is great in the dark or poor lighting, reading on the ST is much more enjoyable to me due to the crisper, darker text.
Bobby Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Unless outdoors, keep the glow light on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Steel View Post
I returned my GlowWorm after the 2 week refund period and repurchased the ST. I gave it a shot thinking if I used it for a while I'd get used to the gray text on the Glow. In the end, while I think the light is great in the dark or poor lighting, reading on the ST is much more enjoyable to me due to the crisper, darker text.
I've only had my glow for a day and, initially, thought the contrast was too low. I was sitting on a couch next to a table lamp. I decided to try the glow light, and the text popped out. The glow light makes the background whiter which had the effect of making the text appear blacker. My previous reader was a Sony PRS-600. That had much lower contrast than the Nook. That, plus the fading out when reading in the sun were the main reasons for getting the NOOK. I have a cover with built-in light for the Sony. I am forever fiddling with the light so that I don't get a reflection from the screen. Sony has a matte screen that doesn't have a problem with reflecting room objects, but the reading light is another story.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the Nook Glow so far.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote