Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Books in Parallel?
No, I read one book at a time. When I finish/give-up, I start another book. 55 33.74%
I mostly have 2-3 books going at a time. 75 46.01%
I often have 4-5 books going at a time. 29 17.79%
I frequently have 6+ books going at a time. 4 2.45%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Generally 3. One fiction on the Kindle. One work related pBook and often one other book which is parenting or city planning related.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have 3 books going now. But it's soon to be down to just 2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #18
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
I usually have three books going at once: one on my phone, one on my Kindle, and an audiobook in the car. On those rare occasions where I find a book I really love, I will turn on the 3G in the Kindle to sync the book between the Kindle and the phone.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #19
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I generally have 2-3 books going, occasionally there will be 4. Usually i am reading one fiction eBook and one non-fiction.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sometimes I read a book that get's very heavy (complicated, difficult or maybe boring) and I'll set it down for several months. Of course sometimes I never pick it up again. But sometimes I come back, pick it up where I left off and finish it.

I didn't count those when I clicked 2-3.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I like the in between 1 and 2 category ,sometimes I read 2 books at a time but mostly one.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #22
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I chose 4-5 but I ususally only ever read 1 NEW book at a time as on my first reading of a book I normally read through from start to finish in one sitting - sometimes I don't even stop for meals.

On a reread (I reread most books as long as I didn't dislike them) I start and stop as often as I wish and so I tend to choose what I want to read based on my mood, how much time I have, where I am, what is loaded onto my Kobo, or what's available on my phone. Obviously that changes throughout the day.
Typically I will have an old favourite that makes me feel good, some light fluff to pass the time, something a bit more complicated that will make me think, and something totally random that I just found.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #23
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
just one for me
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #24
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I usually read one book at the time but I might read a (short) story when I'm not in the mood to continue with my current book.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #25
perilous
perilous has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
I often have two or three novels being read at a time, but only one is actaully for me. The other two are books I'm reading to my children. For myself, I don't think I've ever started one novel before finishing (or occasionally abandoning) the current one (unless you count prescribed reading for school).
perilous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #26
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Usually only one at a time. If I have a second book going, it's non-fiction like a parenting book. Or I might be reading a different book on my iphone, but right now I mostly read magazine or newspaper articles on my iphone (Instapaper).

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
Looler
Looler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Usually one at a time. It's just easier to remember what I read.
Looler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I voted 4 - 5. I usually have three books going, but every now and then (like right now ) I have a fourth as well.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #29
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Yair what you said.

The pleasure book is usually on the reader and the techo book is usually a big heavy pbook.
In my case, the leisure stuff goes on the nook STR, while the technical stuff usually on the nook color, as it is most often a PDF.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #30
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I voted for one at a time.

Admittedly, I am currently reading reading two (although I'm so wrapped up in one that I haven't touched the other in several days). I never really read more than two at a time - one on my Nook, and one paperback. Yup, I still have a few pbacks that I have yet to finish.

Once I'm done, though, I'll probably revert to my original "one at a time" state. Reading multiple books is just not for me, I've realised.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote