Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
ttg808
ttg808 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Thumbs up NookColor shipping early!

B&N just emailed me the USPS Tracking# saying that the NookColor will ship on 11/16/10. 3 days earlier than the expected date of the 19th!
ttg808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Perhaps to get it to you on the release date you can get it in stores? Either way, very cool...wish I could read on LCD, sounds like a great item to have, just hurts my eyes too much.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
My tracking # also appeared this morning! Whoohoo!
Ordered 11/05/2010.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Am I the only one that doesn't have a tracking number? I ordered it on 10/30/2010.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Hmmm....I ordered mine on 10/26, while the keynote was still happening. Mine still hasn't shipped. Bummer.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
cybrdmn
cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nookcolor
I just called my local BN, they got the nookColor in stock today....
cybrdmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Yeah I don't get it. I ordered mine on 10/26 within the hour it was announced. No shipping information yet. I see two people who ordered it days after me getting shipping notices? Hrmmm. That doesn't make me happy at all.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post
My tracking # also appeared this morning! Whoohoo!
Ordered 11/05/2010.
I ordered 10/29 and still show as Not Yet Shipped. I betcha that B&N is shipping early to:

people who have their member card

OR

they are using multiple warehouses and shipping regionally (a la Amazon).
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I ordered 10/29 and still show as Not Yet Shipped. I betcha that B&N is shipping early to:

OR

Maybe you are right, and since I live out west further, it is just taking another day to get my shipping notice. I am way too excited about this thing, I need to step back and take a deep breath.

EDIT: Well no more than a couple hours later I received an email stating my Nook is on its way.

Last edited by ColdSun; 11-16-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Updated Status
Old 11-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess I am like a kid at Christmas... I am a bit giddy I called BN and they said that some NCs got shipped early by accident. They also said that they shouldn't get shipped until the 19th, which means that we shouldn't receive them until after the 19th. I reserved on at my local store to make sure my bases were covered, so I think I am going to cancel my order. I just hope that I am gambling correctly that my store really gets enough in to cover the reservations.

But because I am a mathematician and I like to try to find patterns, can you answer these questions if you don't mind:
1. Did you receive a tracking number for your NC?
2. Do you have a BN membership?
3. Did you order any accessories?
4. Where are you having your NC shipped to?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post
Well, I guess I am like a kid at Christmas... I am a bit giddy I called BN and they said that some NCs got shipped early by accident. They also said that they shouldn't get shipped until the 19th, which means that we shouldn't receive them until after the 19th. I reserved on at my local store to make sure my bases were covered, so I think I am going to cancel my order. I just hope that I am gambling correctly that my store really gets enough in to cover the reservations.

But because I am a mathematician and I like to try to find patterns, can you answer these questions if you don't mind:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Arizona

I called B&N Support and was told the same thing. Then I had a tracking number an hour later. I think the support folks on the phone may not have any more information than we do (the order date they see on our order). It was actually announced on some web sites that the NC was shipping early, but I don't know if anyone will believe it until it is in their hands - this may be based on the tardiness of last year's early orders on the original Nook. Maybe we all lucked out and B&N decided to do better this go around. We will soon find out.

Last edited by ColdSun; 11-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post

OR

I ordered early and have a valid member card which is registered on their website. I haven't received a ship date yet. I suspect it is the multiple warehouse/shipping regionally option that you listed.

It makes the most sense. I hope it isn't based on my last name being in the latter part of the alphabet (Watson) because that would be silly and annoy me.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanWatson View Post
I ordered early and have a valid member card which is registered on their website. I haven't received a ship date yet. I suspect it is the multiple warehouse/shipping regionally option that you listed.

It makes the most sense. I hope it isn't based on my last name being in the latter part of the alphabet (Watson) because that would be silly and annoy me.
I don't think so, as I received my shipping information just tonight and some folks had it as early as yesterday. My last name starts with B.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I believe B&N have at least 2 warehouses. New Jersey and Nevada.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #15
sahmad88
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post

Well, I actually got my email that it shipped tonight. Yeah! I also realized that I never answered my own questions - so for those who are also curious:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Cupertino, CA (in the Bay Area)

Tags
color, nook, nook2, nookcolor