Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Sony Digital Reader Pocket Edition PRS-300 $179 on Amazon

Just ran across several versions of the PRS-300 for $179 with free shipping on Amazon...not a bad deal at all for a 5" device. Of course I haven't been in the market for a Sony so maybe this is sort of the standard price?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...ocket+Edition+
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Sony 300 has a SRP of $199.99

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Yep, there are plenty of deals about at that price. BH Photo and Video have them at 174.99. On saying that you'll probably pick up one even cheaper on the Flea Market here at MR.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

d'oh!! sorry guys...thought I found a deal of a sort.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
$160 refurbished at Sony Style. $240 for a refurb PRS-600.

(Buried in this thread because I don't think these are enough of a good deal for refurb.)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
d'oh!! sorry guys...thought I found a deal of a sort.
Hey, you!! : $20 IS a savings. Plus, there's no sales tax.

Don
Old 01-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Shemmy
Shemmy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300; Samsung Omnia II
Today's Best Buy circular also lists them at $179.99.
Shemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Hey, you!! : $20 IS a savings. Plus, there's no sales tax.

Don
hahaha...thanks Doc!!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
engineer
engineer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Best Buy also reduced their price to $179 yesterday. I called and got $20 back from my purchase last week at $199.

So far I am really enjoying my reader. It calls for a change in reading habits as I can't get the latest books from my local library, but it gives me a chance to read some older really good books I wasn't aware of until I did a google search for them - there are a lot of good (and some not so good) digital books out there.

Dave
engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer View Post
Best Buy also reduced their price to $179 yesterday. I called and got $20 back from my purchase last week at $199.

So far I am really enjoying my reader. It calls for a change in reading habits as I can't get the latest books from my local library, but it gives me a chance to read some older really good books I wasn't aware of until I did a google search for them - there are a lot of good (and some not so good) digital books out there.

Dave
Welcome to MobileRead, Engineer!

Don't forget that your Sony 300 will also read the thousands of LRF files available here on MobileRead and elsewhere.

An LRF file is a - previous - Sony file that does not have DRM. For example, think thousands of classics and also newer Creative Commons titles.

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I can also confirm the Best Buy price because yesterday my wife bought her one

After a month of watching me with mine, she couldn't stand it anymore.... she got a pink one...... works for her....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote