Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
sharp21
sharp21 began at the beginning.

Device: None
PDF converter for Mac?

Hey gang
Havent been here for a while, was waiting for kindle.
Now im gonna get a 505.
Can i use pdflrf on my mac? I plan on reading pdfs exclusively. Ive got so many on my computer right now...
Otherwise is there a different program suggested?
S.
sharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
sharp21

So I guess it doesnt work on the mac?
S.
Advert
Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I have a Mac and I use libprs 500, which you can link to from MobileReads to download. I just add my PDFs to the library and convert to lrf. Nothing is perfect for PDFs but I can read them without any trouble on my Sony.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
sharp21

Awesome! Thanks for the reply
Do you have the 500 or the 505?
Guess its time to start looking for the best price on one..
S>
Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I have the 505. For copy-protected PDFs, you can just add them to the library (since you can't convert them) and then upload to the reader. Alternatively, you can just drag them to the reader since your Mac will see it as a USB storage device.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
sharp21

Sounds good!
I was actually leaning towards the 505 before. I was waiting for the kindle but think its overpriced.
Another idea I came up with was inventing a dedicated pdf reader that worked just as it should!
Now to get that electro degree first...
S.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
mobygeek
mobygeek began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
using pdflrf on mac

Following the post at
feed://www.statusq.org/archives/2007/02/27/1309/feed/
I was able to use pdflrfwin version 0.99 under crossover.

pdflrf itself is amazing. Running it under crossover is less than
ideal - my laptop starts to really heat up, and the virtual memory
read in 'top' goes wild, reporting tens of Gigs used.

Hope that the author will release the source so we can
recompile the linux version for the Mac...
mobygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
sharp21

I see there is a pdf to psp converter for mac. Anybody try that?
S.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
There are ways to do what PDF 2 PSP does without that.

All PDF 2 PSP does is convert a PDF in a series of bitmap images. It isn't ideal for text content for something like the Sony Reader, but usually Preview can help split a PDF apart into a bunch of JPEGs if you really want to.

PDFClerk will do the same, and PDFClerk can generate a PDF from a series of images easily enough.

Your best bet for PDF -> Sony Reader is using libprs500, or just using the PDF as-is.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
OK, it annoys me when people resurrect 2 year old threads to do nothing but advertise their ridiculously overpriced products. So let me just say this: there are lots of free cross-platform ways to convert PDFs to other formats, the use of which does not create SPAM. At the moment, I'll mention only calibre and AbiWord.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yep, those spammers were zapped.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote