Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Oh, I sure hope it doesn't come to that! I'm not prepared to try that unless all else fails. It would be a shame to go to all that trouble of starting over again and then finding it still didn't help. I've got satellite internet, it takes a while to get all the libraries sync'd.

Or...does a factory reset wipe all your stuff off the Vox, or does it just uninstall the apps?

Edited to add:

Oh, never mind, I found this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+factory+reset
Yeah, tried to get that posted as a sticky, but moderator wouldn't do it. I have a feeling it's something that will need to be done by everyone more than once...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
pokee--the place for things like this might be the MR WiKi.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or we need to work on getting a Tips & Tricks thread stickied for both the main AND Vox forum, and work with the mods to "prune" them on a regular basis.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #19
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Or we need to work on getting a Tips & Tricks thread stickied for both the main AND Vox forum, and work with the mods to "prune" them on a regular basis.
I like this idea better than the Wiki, but I am looking at it from a pure ease of use perspective - considering most people would look here first for help with such things (at least, I would...).
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The one issue I have with a tips and tricks thread is that a whole lot of conversation about the tips and tricks happens there, while the wiki has these things just simply listed. You can have both, of course. I'm off work in December and had planned on spending some time with the WiKi and would love it if other folks did as well.
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So you will be there, Wiki in, Wiki out :P
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
So you will be there, Wiki in, Wiki out :P
Yuppers. I have some work related things to do in December (getting ready to teach a new course in the spring), but you can think of me as a wiki-mama for part of the month.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #23
zazou
zazou began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch; Kobo vox; Sony 350
unfortunately I have the same problem. It's only doing this when I put to sleep the vox with the airplane mode turn on. I use a widget for that. When I reopen the vox, it's work for about 30 seconds and then freeze. I have to reset (press the open button for 10 sec) and this will close my vox.
zazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #24
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
OK I did the factory reset yesterday; seems to have reduced the number of times a long reset is required but I've had to do a couple. So my Vox is far more unstable than before this software upgrade. (Have to keep turning wifi off/on multiple times to turn it on, but that is not a huge problem.)

I haven't actually done anything like install apps yet. It did download my Kobo library fine (around 80 books).
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
tonyvcr
tonyvcr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Vox Freezing Update

I've been in contact with customer service at Kobo and so far, they've recommended a factory reset (which I did) and finally, to send the unit back.
After the factory reset, the unit seems to be more stable while running, but still won't come out of sleep mode, without doing the 10 second reset.
One of the suggestions I saw here, is to set the wi-fi to always stay on. So far, that works well, the unit no longer freezes, but it really drains the battery.
My next experiment will be to turn off the wi-fi....
tonyvcr is offline   Reply With Quote