Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Slydini
Slydini began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Problem with sharing book excerpts on Facebook

I love the highlight and share feature on facebook but I can't get it to post when reading from my personal collection of epubs.... Anyone else have this problem?
Slydini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Social sharing only works with B&N purchased books. Disappointing indeed.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just found this as I was having the same issue and of course there's nothing in the user manual or on the official forums.. how severely disappointing. There's really no reason for something like this.

I wonder how hard it would be to modify that on a rooted NC..
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Yeah, this is irritating. It's nothing more than B&N giving the finger to content not purchased directly from them.

Kindle allows sharing on Facebook and Twitter from ANY document over wifi / 3g. It shows as "from a personal document." Fine by me as it still shares.

B&N better get their act together if they want to compete on a serious basis. Users want solid technology that integrates (3g/wifi/social). Well, at least I do.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I know it's a "trivial" feature, but these days the whole "social thing" is the hottest stuff around. It's almost like if you didn't share it, it didn't happen. In any case, it's a bad design decision in my opinion. Not as annoying as the home screen being limited to B&N purchases, but it's on the list.

It would be really nice if someone could figure out a way to implement this (and/or allow changes to the default home screen). Be nice to have a Goodreads app too..
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert