Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Missing page numbers on 360

For some reason I keep getting an open book icon with "..." and not the page numbers and percentage. Not sure what causes it to do this. And sometimes (but not always) several page turns later I get the page numbers again.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
KievNYC
KievNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook301+
PB doesn't keep book pagging and recalculating it it time you turn on PB or change font or change orientation. During recalculation it show "...". Simply wait a litle bit.
KievNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
For some reason I keep getting an open book icon with "..." and not the page numbers and percentage. Not sure what causes it to do this.
When you change the size of font, screen orientation, or open the book the PB has to recalculate pages. In the meanwhile you can read a few pages. My old Sony Reader PRS-500 on the other hand would just display a spinning arrow and you have no choice but wait until it repaginates the book.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Ok, thanks. Now that I know why it does it, doesn't seem so odd.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
When you change the size of font, screen orientation, or open the book the PB has to recalculate pages. In the meanwhile you can read a few pages. My old Sony Reader PRS-500 on the other hand would just display a spinning arrow and you have no choice but wait until it repaginates the book.
But if you had used eBook Library to manage the content, you would not have had to wait for the 500 to repaginate.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But if you had used eBook Library to manage the content, you would not have had to wait for the 500 to repaginate.
No, you just have to wait for Sony's crappy software to function properly.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Kacir, thank you for an explanation! I just waited a pretty good day in the autoshop with my car's broken gearbox and just had no time to reply to folks' questions.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote