Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #1216
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
AFAIK, /MNTUS_EXEC should be created automatically by the jailbreak. Does it help if you remove jailbreak and install it again?

Is the problem with the code that should survive the update and restore the jailbreak?
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #1217
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
@chrot: Take a look at /etc/upstart/userstore, fstab is pretty much ignored when mounting the userstore, it all depends on options passed to script /usr/sbin/mntus .
As I wrote, create file /MNTUS_EXEC and reboot. Userstore should be mounted in exec mode.
That explains why editing fstab alone doesn't make it work.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #1218
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dsmid: Thanks for the quick fix while I was away .

I just released a fixed version of the JB, cf. #763.

FWIW, it still works on vanilla 5.4.4. I'll check 5.4.3 tomorrow .

----

(I removed your message to avoid confusion).

EDIT: And I just realised I hadn't even checked what you'd done ;x. Just because I can be a tiny bit OCD: I assume you'd just removed the 'if pw2' clause?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #1219
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(I removed your message to avoid confusion).
EDIT: And I just realised I hadn't even checked what you'd done ;x. Just because I can be a tiny bit OCD: I assume you'd just removed the 'if pw2' clause?
Oh wait, you've dumped the fancy five minutes long animation of little ducks escaping from prison I added to jailbreak ?

Just kidding, all I did was erasing the 'if'
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #1220
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
...animation of little ducks escaping from prison I added to jailbreak...
(seriously...that would be sooooooo cool!! I'm just say'n...)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #1221
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dsmid: .

@GoSharks: Well, last time I tried to do a 'fancy' stuff (the spinner in the K4 JB), I realized after having done it that half the characters I needed couldn't be printed by the device, so, err, I think I'll pass ;p.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #1222
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello. I have random starting issues with last kual snapshot, pw1 fw5.4.4. After a few failures, it starts anyway. I never had any issues before.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #1223
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hfpop: You mean the usual popup that the kindlet couldn't be started? (can't remember the exact wording). How heavy/complex is your extensions folder, and are you using gawk?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #1224
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Quote:
@hfpop: You mean the usual popup that the kindlet couldn't be started? (can't remember the exact wording).
Yes.

Quote:
How heavy/complex is your extensions folder, and are you using gawk?
Helper, KUAL+ the Battery% stuff, font hack, usbnet and my own variation of KindleExplorer (as discussed elsewhere in this forum). Nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not using gawk.

I assume that the jailbreak and mkk are not the issue. Should I, however, reinstall these?

Last edited by hfpop; 03-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #1225
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Yes.

Helper, KUAL+ the Battery% stuff, font hack, usbnet and my own variation of KindleExplorer (as discussed elsewhere in this forum). Nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not using gawk.

I assume that the jailbreak and mkk are not the issue. Should I, however, reinstall these?
Does KUAL work?
yes == mkk is not your problem.

Does an install*.bin of anything work?
yes == device jailbreak is not your problem.

Do you have a /MNTUS_EXEC file in root of your USB storage as seen from your PC over the USB cable?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #1226
hfpop
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Does KUAL work?
yes == mkk is not your problem.

Does an install*.bin of anything work?
yes == device jailbreak is not your problem.

Do you have a /MNTUS_EXEC file in root of your USB storage as seen from your PC over the USB cable?
Yes, KUAL works. But sometimes I have the pop-up window with this error.
Yes, install*.bin works.
Yes, I have the /MNTUS_EXEC. Without it, the shell script for Battery% or Kindle Explorer refused to start.

Will follow the problem and try to get a scenario wrt when this appears.
Thank you.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #1227
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Yes, KUAL works. But sometimes I have the pop-up window with this error.
Yes, install*.bin works.
Yes, I have the /MNTUS_EXEC. Without it, the shell script for Battery% or Kindle Explorer refused to start.

Will follow the problem and try to get a scenario wrt when this appears.
Thank you.
Those where the easy ones to check for, but beyond that, will have to wait until you can spot some sort of pattern in the failures.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #1228
hfpop
Addict

Fresh restart.
First run of KUAL.
"Error: An error occurred while trying to open this item. If the problem persists, please contact Kindle Customer Service at www.kindle.com/support."
The second run works normally.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #1229
Asparagus
Asparagus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Question Both KPVbooklet and KUAL on Kindle PW2?

Hi,

I have a Kindle PW2, jailbroken and working KPVbooklet to run KoReader. It works very well.

Is it possible to install KUAL both to KPVbooklet?

Thx in advance, Asparagus
Asparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #1230
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Yes, you can use both methods to launch KOReader, there's no conflict.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified