Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #181
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccreader View Post
hello
I am trying to connect my Kobo Arc with my laptop running Windows 7. I keep getting the message "USB device not recognized. ". I tried the different USB ports and no result. Other devices like my MP3 player and camera works in these ports. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also when I tried to contact Kobo customer support, they opened a ticket but nothing after that. I have to call the Canada number every time. Is there a UK customer service no. for Kobo?
this is my big worry.if it needs repair where does it go ,how long etc.so far i can't find any U.K customer care contact point and WHSmith isn't noted as a tech center. Some of the stores are supposed to have Kobo savvy employees but which ones. On a side note an interesting article.
http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/arch...ssion?page=all
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #182
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Customer service phone numbers:
http://www.kobo.com/help/customer-care-phones
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #183
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Customer service phone numbers:
http://www.kobo.com/help/customer-care-phones
appreciate that mate. as already mentioned on some other threads phone calls seem to result in requests for emails which generate some sort of ticket number which then gets lost. back to things like who and where for repair and how long.Is there a UK address for repairs etc. My own search has tuned up that PC World here in the UK sell the vox so i'm going to check if they can do warranty repair on the arc. I think the thing that surprises me is that this tablet appears to be top spec but no major chains in the UK are selling this. Places like PC World,Curries,Expansys,Tescos,Argos,Asda are all selling Nexus,Kimble,Nook and the only people dealing with the arc are WHSmith a magazine and book chain.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #184
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
appreciate that mate. as already mentioned on some other threads phone calls seem to result in requests for emails which generate some sort of ticket number which then gets lost. back to things like who and where for repair and how long.Is there a UK address for repairs etc. My own search has tuned up that PC World here in the UK sell the vox so i'm going to check if they can do warranty repair on the arc. I think the thing that surprises me is that this tablet appears to be top spec but no major chains in the UK are selling this. Places like PC World,Curries,Expansys,Tescos,Argos,Asda are all selling Nexus,Kimble,Nook and the only people dealing with the arc are WHSmith a magazine and book chain.
My apologies for any confusion/misunderstanding. I was responding to maccreader's request for a UK phone number not your post.

Good reminder for me to remember to quote posts in my replies.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #185
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Yes. The XDA version works.
Interesting - I went to the site and McAfee flagged it as a risky connection...
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #186
maccreader
maccreader began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
My apologies for any confusion/misunderstanding. I was responding to maccreader's request for a UK phone number not your post.

Good reminder for me to remember to quote posts in my replies.
Thanks sqdancer

I called them and raised a complaint. They asked me to change the USB cable and try. I've ordered another cable from Amazon. Let me try that. I am not sure if I am the only one having this issue with Kobo Arc or there are others.
maccreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #187
stevov
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
Interesting - I went to the site and McAfee flagged it as a risky connection...
Not a big fan of "security" apps for android. They don't do much but slow you down and consume power. If i was running a windows based yes but not android.Used avg on my one x for a while but uninstalled it. If there was a site i would trust it would be XDA.those guys don't miss much
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #188
stevov
Groupie

For the UK people with the arc. After contacting customer care, the UK number connects you to a call center in the Carribean and being told that any repair work my arc would be sent to Canada, i managed to get a hold of someone in WHSmith who was up on the kobo arc.the good news is the first 30 days any problems the arc is replaced in store after 30 days take it to the store who will forward it to Swindon where it is checked and a replacement is sent out from there. So no sending to Canada and minimal downtime.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #189
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

Quote:
Not a big fan of "security" apps for android. They don't do much but slow you down and consume power. If i was running a windows based yes but not android.Used avg on my one x for a while but uninstalled it. If there was a site i would trust it would be XDA.those guys don't miss much
I should have been more clear - I was on my laptop and doing research on what I can do to get flash on my Arc, so it was Mcafee on my laptop that flagged it. Thanks for the info re the site, though...
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #190
stevov
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
I should have been more clear - I was on my laptop and doing research on what I can do to get flash on my Arc, so it was Mcafee on my laptop that flagged it. Thanks for the info re the site, though...
I understand. XDA is an absolute goldmine for all things mobile. Some of the guys on there are head and shoulders above the oem boys and they do it for the love of it. It seems to be working for J D and it'll be the first place I head for on Christmas morning when my wife let's me open my new arc
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #191
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
It seems to be working for J D and it'll be the first place I head for on Christmas morning when my wife let's me open my new arc
Well, barely working, anyways. Only seems to work regularly in Firefox beta, and sporadically in Dolphin) and even then there's no sound on the sites I've tried. Very annoying.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #192
stevov
Groupie

what browser are you using. i use the stock browser on my one X. have you enabled flash in the settings menu and in the advanced menu flash and plug ins always on. or are these menus not on the arc.flash support should extend to 4.0.XXX it was JB 4.1 that lost flash. no flash for me means return the unopened box
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #193
natsume
natsume began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Flash Player

I went ahead and bought the Arc at the weekend.

Does anyone have moderately detailed instructions to install Adobe Flash Player on the device?

thank you
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #194
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I went ahead and bought the Arc at the weekend.

Does anyone have moderately detailed instructions to install Adobe Flash Player on the device?

thank you
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...player_ics.apk

Download. Copy to your device. Open your file manager to the spot where you placed it (I keep it in /downloads, for simplicity), run it.

Or, from a web browser on your ARc, look up "xda adobe flash" in Google. The thread you want should be the first contextless one one displayed in the first search result ("Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.20"), with the "Official download link" in the 4th post. Just click and install.

You'll need to be using Opera, Firefox, or possibly Dolphin HD in order to get Flash to actually work at all (even crippled like it is for me :/).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #195
stevov
Groupie

it would be nice if someone from kobo could be bothered to come on and answer some of the questions especially the flash and otg situations.