Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
When will it be available in my country?

Since I've been recently in London and was bombarded with iPad ads in the subway and had the chance to test an iPad in a store, I've been itching for one.

Anyone knows when will it be available in Portugal? I can't find any info. Apple didn't announce anything?

Pixmania is selling the basic iPad, but I think it's an import. Anyway, they're charging almost 700€ for the 16GB WiFi version and 980€ for the 32GB WiFi. Clearly an exploit.

But if I import from the UK, will I have access to the AppStore from my country?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
No mention of Portugal in the next batch to be released :
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/05/07ipad.html

Quote:
Apple plans to release iPad in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore in July. Apple will announce availability, local pricing and pre-order plans for these nine additional countries at a later date.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
What a pity, i really don't know about the app store in Portugal, why don't you have a look in iTunes? Are there iPad apps available?
I bought mine late may in Spain on a holiday trip. I think it's cheaper (a bit) in Spain, why don't you hop across the border. There is always the possibility to make an itunes account in another country (fake of course) to get the free apps (iBooks). And you can buy iTunes cards at ebay for this country.
Good luck
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
There is one drawback though.
If the iPad is not yet released in your country Apple does not give you international warranty in case anything goes wrong.
This usually changes when the iPad is released (we had this in Germany for iPads bought in the US before the official starting day).

Also regarding the App store, iPad apps were only available in the German store about one week prior to the official release date. So plan ahead if you buy one in Spain and get one or two spanish prepaid cards so that you can use them to get Apps.
Drawback here is that you always have to switch back and forth between stores when upgrades to your apps are available later when they updated the store in Portugal. But its just a minor annoyance IMHO
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! Lose the bloody creepy crawly, Over. I've just spent five minutes trying to blow it off my screen. Only kidding, it's all good fun. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! Lose the bloody creepy crawly, Over. I've just spent five minutes trying to blow it off my screen. Only kidding, it's all good fun. Cheers. Neil
God damn it! Me too! ... but not 5 min... 2-5 seconds XD

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Is it possible for me to register an account saying I'm from Spain, just to be able to buy Apps? Is there a chance I might be blocked or suspended because of that?

I don't know why Apple didn't release the iPad here sooner. Portugal is usually an early adopter of all kinds of technology, including the iPhone.

And sorry about the bug
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Bloody bugs! In terms of location (EU), Over, what's the difference between Spain and Portugal when it comes to account registration in the US? Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
When opening an account Apple wants your postal address.
So for a Spanish account find an address that is in Spain. It can't hurt to have a Spanish mail address as well.
Then don't enter your credit card. Click on redeem and enter the gift card code.
Then you are set ....
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
that bug gets on my wick too

any success ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote