Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Big Kev
Enthusiast
Big Kev began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Ipad
Hi from Perth, WA

Hi All from Perth, WA (That's the real WA as in Western Australia, of course)

I love reading & have just discovered the growing world of Ebook readers although I don't have one yet. Just starting the research and discovery process so this forum promises to be a valuable resource. I'm sure after I've explored the forum I will have plenty of "stupid" questions which hopefully the more experienced will be able to help with.

So far I have discovered that there doesn't seem to be too much info available locally and I certainly can't find a local retailer I can pop into and have a look at what's available in readers.

Oh well life wasn't meant to be easy just lots of fun. (Just as well I enjoy using the computer.)

Now I start exploring.

Regards
Kevin

PS would love to hear from anyone else in WA (the real one that is).
Big Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR - you found the right place to help you with sorting through the wide world of eBooks & readers. Heaps of info here, and if you get confused , just ask. There will be always someone that is willing to help. On top of it MR is a great place to hang out , meet great people from all over the globe and have fun.

Sorry I can't help with my reader as show piece, but WA is kinda bit far
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kevin and welcome to MobileRead. I've been to Perth a time or two and have to say, you have excellent beer!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
Metacom
Metacom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS 300)
I thought WA meant Washington (state). I said to myself, I've never heard of Perth, Washington...
Metacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacom View Post
I thought WA meant Washington (state). I said to myself, I've never heard of Perth, Washington...
That's why Kev said "The Real WA"
G'day Kev, welcome to the forum! I am from Melbourne - currently in Saudi Arabia trying to flog the excess outback camels to the Saudis. I just have to figure out how to upload the buggers over the internet and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank!
There are many Australians on the forum, and I've seen a fair few WA signatures around (unless they are all from Washington ).
Fire aways with questions - this is the best spot on the internet for all e-Book issues (and more!).

Cheers,

m-reader
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote