Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 06:03 AM   #46
kazzp
kazzp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I have a kobo N647 and could use an image file link also, thks.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #48
megaroo96
megaroo96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original (N647)
I am also in need of a disk image link for the kobo n647 as well. thanks
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 PM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent in response to the post in a different thread.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-21-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #50
WillieE
WillieE began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Hi there new to all this KOBO bricked after update read on screen with blocks in bottom corner can I have an image file please, or is there any other things I should try. It will not factory reset. N647B.
Advert
Old 12-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #52
WillieE
WillieE began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Davidfor you are a star all fixed now thanks.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #53
djg000111
djg000111 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi original
I have a kobo wifi original that now shows "no books found". I think I had a failure during an update (I wanted to remove my headphone connection when I removed the USB connection to the eReader). I think I destroyed a file in the /.kobo folder. I can add books and remove books using Calibre but when I disconnect, I have no books found. Can anyone send me the files for the /.kobo folder?
Old 12-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg000111 View Post
I have a kobo wifi original that now shows "no books found". I think I had a failure during an update (I wanted to remove my headphone connection when I removed the USB connection to the eReader). I think I destroyed a file in the /.kobo folder. I can add books and remove books using Calibre but when I disconnect, I have no books found. Can anyone send me the files for the /.kobo folder?
If you accidentally wipe the .kobo directory, it will be recreated when you next restart the device. Or at worst when you do factory reset. But, this sounds like the problem described in Kobo E_Reader wifi upgrade gone bad. That needs a new image written to the internal SD card.

Try the other suggestions. If they don't work, I can send a link to the image, but I need the model number as there are three versions of the WiFi.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #55
djg000111

My model number is N647. Please send me the image.

I have tried all of the resets. The eReader seem to be working except for not showing the books that I have in the eReader. With Calibre, I can see that my eReader has the 100 free books and the books that I have loaded. I can also add more books or delete books with Calibre. Still no books found with my eReader. I do have files in the /.kobo folder. I was assuming that I damaged one of the files.

Last edited by djg000111; 12-19-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #56
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Is the time and date set correctly on the device?
Old 12-20-2015, 12:30 AM   #57
djg000111

Yes. I have a lot of practice with setting time and date on my eReader today because I did so many resets.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:38 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #59
djg000111

Thanks for sending me the image.

I got it installed and when I list the files in my eReader, all looks ok. I can run the desktop installer and log in to my library. The KOBO “cloud” library will download my purchased books into my eReader. When I disconnect, no books found.

When I run Calibre, I can see all the books on my device and I can add or remove books using Calibre. But when I am not connected, my eReader shows no books found.

I spent all day today trying different resets and updates.

When I try using the latest version of the KOBO desktop, that desktop app will not connect to my eReader.

I can connect to my wireless access point; however, when I try connecting to the KOBO store (shop), my eReader shows a network error.

I guess I have a dead eReader.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The problem is caused by a firmware update. The image has an earlier firmware on it. After restoring the image, you need to prevent the upgrade to the later firmware version. Connecting to the Kobo desktop will do this. If it is like the later devices, you need to let the desktop do its stuff, and then before ejecting the device, remove the KoboRoot.tgz file from the .kobo directory of the device. The may also be a directory call "update" and an md5 file. These should also be removed.

But, a warning: I don't have a WiFi, so I haven't done any of this. I would recommend reading through the thread I pointed to do check the details and for any other suggestions.

Otherwise, I would recommend a Glo HD. They are a very nice ereader.
Closed Thread

Tags
n647 firmware requested