Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
I'm not too smart... please help me.

I'm looking for the definitive guide to installing apps and customizing my newly bought PB360+. I've tried, honestly, to following along with the threads here... but I cannot for the life of me make sense of installing Coolreader... for example.

Does anyone know where I (and maybe others) can find a beginner's guide, a "Customizing Your Pocketbook for Dummies" type manual?
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
marf
Enthusiast
marf began at the beginning.

Device: PB701, PB360+
Hi NightGoat,

I'm not aware of any, much less definitive, documentation on installing apps on the 360+. I notice today the USA support page includes firmware and documentation, but reviewing the doc I don't see any mention of installing applications. I use mine just as it came out of the box except for some minor configuration changes.
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/sup...tbook-360-plus
marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello NightGoat,
unfortunately there is no "Pocketbook for Dummies" around because nobody took the pains to write one, but maybe I can help you with your special problem installing CoolReader.

I've attached a RAR file containing all you need.

- first unzip the file. It contains one extensions.cfg, one read_ru.txt (no need for this one) and a folder "System"containing the subfolders "Bin" and "Share".

- Connect your PB to your computer and open your Windows explorer, look for drive Pocketbook 360 ( X: ) or something like that and open it. There should be a variety of folders, one named "System".

- Now copy either the folders "Bin" and "Share" from the unpacked RAR file into the "System" folder of your 360, or the contents of this folders to the already existing respective folders on your device (they might be there if you have already installed other apps. IMPORTANT: If they are there don't overwrite or delete them, other functions might cease to work).
As a last step you have to copy the "extensions.cfg" file to "system>config" on your Pocketbook, this file tells your reader which app is needed for the different file-types. It is set to open EPUBs with CR3 as default, fbreader and Adobe are selectable with a long press on menu button as before, if you want to change that you have to edit the file (or ask me to do it)

I hope you get it running now

BTW, most apps go either to the "applications" folder or to "system>bin" but you have to look in the respective posts where to put them exactly
Attached Files
File Type: rar CR3-0.0.6.6.rar (2.65 MB, 141 views)

Last edited by troll05; 04-26-2012 at 04:42 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Thank you so much Troll! That worked like a charm.
Now I need to learn how to use Coolreader.

Again, I really appreciate your help on this.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
marf
Enthusiast
marf began at the beginning.

Device: PB701, PB360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
unfortunately there is no "Pocketbook for Dummies" around because nobody took the pains to write one, but maybe I can help you with your special problem installing CoolReader.
Holy Smokes, Batman, this is awesome! Many thanks, troll05. I use my PB360+ a lot, and I would love to have cr3 on it. I will give this a try as soon as I can.

I had some questions I was going to ask you, but I have already found many of the answers at the below wiki URL. I will research further. It even looks like the traditional "CoolReader new versions" thread includes a PB360+ version, so it should be fairly easy to have a current cr3 version.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ERea...ram_Coolreader

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130729

Again, many thanks troll05. I had no idea this was possible.
marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert