Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #286
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapo View Post
Hello there, can you please reupload somewhere hackedupreader_0.4.0-pw2.zip this package, your host is down.
try it again.
also check things local to your end.
working just fine from here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #287
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
try it again.
also check things local to your end.
working just fine from here.
yep, you are right. It's working right now, some time ago it wasn't (checked on two hosts).

Anyway thanks for info
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 04:09 AM   #288
iDen
iDen began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW2
Any news regarding running this reader on PW2 2014ed serial9017 ?
iDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #289
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDen View Post
Any news regarding running this reader on PW2 2014ed serial9017 ?
I just updated the package for the 2014 Kindle devices. This doesn't necessarily mean that it will run on them flawlessly but you can at least install it on them. I only have a Kindle Touch so I can't test it myself but I've been told that it works also on PW2.

It's mostly maintenance release for installing it on the newer devices. There's only one tiny functional change, it will now remove entries from the recent book list if the files have been removed from the device already.

You can download it from here:
http://bhaak.net/kindle/hackedupreader_0.4.1.zip
http://bhaak.net/kindle/hackedupreader-0.4.1.tar.gz
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #290
symphonybug
Dewhopper
symphonybug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite-2 (2013)
I have installed it using MRPACKAGE... but it wont show up in KUAL menu... How to launch the reader... HELP>>>>
symphonybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #291
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphonybug View Post
I have installed it using MRPACKAGE... but it wont show up in KUAL menu... How to launch the reader... HELP>>>>
Have you read the "Installation and running" section of the README.txt file?
Your questions are answered there.

What device?
What firmware version?
What version of KUAL?

And off topic:
Why this reader, which hasn't been updated in two years, rather than the currently maintained KOreader?

Last edited by knc1; 09-06-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:14 AM   #292
symphonybug
Dewhopper

Quote:
Have you read the "Installation and running" section of the README.txt file?
Your questions are answered there.

What device?
What firmware version?
What version of KUAL?

And off topic:
Why this reader, which hasn't been updated in two years, rather than the currently maintained KOreader?
I liked KO and would have stick to it. But there is no option to set space margins. I mean top and bottom and left and right; the text can't be managed within a certain boundary.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:18 AM   #293
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I liked KO and would have stick to it. But there is no option to set space margins. I mean top and bottom and left and right; the text can't be managed within a certain boundary.
And this much older version has those features?
Old 09-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #294
symphonybug
Dewhopper

Quote:
Your mirthful tone suggests NO. Ok. I will wait till the features makes into KO reader.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #295
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Your mirthful tone suggests NO. Ok. I will wait till the features makes into KO reader.
Check out the add-in for the specific purpose of changing the margins, header and footer space.

Although I am not sure that KOreader will observe the re-set margins.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #296
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Yes.

Top, bottom, left, and right margins can be set independently.

Under normal lightning this is not an issue but I noticed that it's useful when reading outside and the sun is rather low and the bezel is casting a shadow on the display.

In this case, differently spaced margins make the page look symmetrical again.

Regarding a new release of HackedUpReader, that's not very likely. It does what I want it to do and I'm somewhat out of the loop with Kindle Development. My Kindle Touch is still working but if it ever dies, it's unlikely that I'll get another Amazon e-ink device.

Amazon's hostile stand against homebrew development makes everything much more difficult and life's too short to lose time on circumventing that when there are much more friendly options out there.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #297
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
- - - - -
Amazon's hostile stand against homebrew development makes everything much more difficult and life's too short to lose time on circumventing that when there are much more friendly options out there.
There are a lot of people who must agree with you.
That one year+ that Amazon kept us out of the newer models certainly made a lot of people give up on modifying the Kindle.

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons