Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
whoqwerty
whoqwerty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Kindle touch rss

I've had the the older generation kindle. I recently upgraded to the kindle touch. I am having problem with non-amazon periodicals, such as instapaper, readability, and kindlefeeder. They all deliver to my kindle however, as a non-periodical (ebook format) and I cannot delete the file from my kindle touch by simply long pressing on it. I have to delete it via usb, or from my amazon cloud then sync via 3g/wifi.
My issue is this, are there any ways of viewing rss feeds in the browser somehow?
The only solution I have found is to download the .mobi file from instapaper directly via the expiremental browser. However, the problem here is that instapaper does not update versions of the page, or grab new articles on a website as the page updates.
I need to read my rss feeds
If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated
whoqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
CAVALENCIA
CAVALENCIA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3g
I use Calibre to download RSS feeds. You can find a guide here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html
CAVALENCIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
whoqwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVALENCIA View Post
I use Calibre to download RSS feeds. You can find a guide here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html
does calibre have wireless transfer?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoqwerty View Post
does calibre have wireless transfer?
did you try this: http://readbeam.com/ (~online version of calibre)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
whoqwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
pretty cool site, unfortunately same issue.
I can't delete the file off my kindle touch by simply long pressing on it
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
whoqwerty

nevermind I found a workaround, I changed my email so that redbeam emails my hosting provider which in turns hosts the file on a site, I bookmarked the site on my kindle and I can download the mobi file straight from the browser which doesn't get altered by amazon's servers.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Oh, that's nifty. Thanks for sharing that.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
CAVALENCIA
CAVALENCIA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3g
Yes, it does. It will download the feed at an specific time and send it via email to your Kindle. You just need to configure your "free" Kindle account on Calibre and make sure your Kindle has WiFi Enabled.
CAVALENCIA is offline   Reply With Quote