Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
soccera
soccera began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
Unhappy Problem with viewer

Hi,
i use a Pocket Book 360t
My problem is the view from this unit.
If I open a normal PDF-File and the view to 130% scale (smaller view possible but then it's too small), then it's increases but the text itself does not fit on the screen size of the Ebook and disappears a little bit =/
I tried to convert it into Epub. Everything is fine without pics=/
but the pdf-file includes text and images.
Is there any solution?
soccera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There is no real "solution" for pleasant reading of PDFs on an ereader if the PDF was designed for a much bigger screen or for printing.

You could try one of the many free PDF cropping utilities which attempt to remove the excess whitespace margins on each page. Here's a link to Briss available in the MobileRead PDF forum. It's one of the better ones I've tried.

For a more general discussion of the problems/solutions this may be of interest.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
great link (especially the tips on latex), thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote