Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #211
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Nope, not there. I looked there a hundred times thinking maybe I was blind. I did the auto-root for 1.0.0, does that matter? I hear the 1.1.0 was lame so I never bothered to update it.
Someone on another forum mentioned the missing app. He/she wasn't believed.

The .apk can be found in this post (at the end).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

Maybe it does matter which autonooter you use.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #212
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Scion, can you tell me how to make dolphin my default browser? And Launcher Pro my default Launcher?

Thanks for all your help, and recommendations. You are an angel!
Within Dolphin use the soft menu button to access the app's settings. Click on the soft menu and select "More", "Settings", scroll down to "Dolphin Settings", check the box for "Set as default browser".

To make something your default launcher, press the hard "n" button. It should prompt you to choose Launcher Pro or the stock homescreen and SoftKeys (maybe?). Put a check in the box on that window and select Launcher Pro.

You need to install Home Switcher from the Market so that you can return to the stock homescreen when you want to.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #213
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Someone on another forum mentioned the missing app. He/she wasn't believed.

The .apk can be found in this post (at the end).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

Maybe it does matter which autonooter you use.
Thanks again Scion! I will download it and try to figure it out. Not even sure how to install it.

Edit: I tried but again, it is blocked!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #214
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Thanks again Scion! I will download it and try to figure it out. Not even sure how to install it.

Edit: I tried but again, it is blocked!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=204
Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #215
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Quote:
Yep, did the first part, but can't do the second because the NOOKcolor Tools is what I am trying to install.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #216
SCION
Séduisant

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on me.

That poses a problem then. The only choices are to use ADB to enable this or use SQLite Editor (paid app) to change a value in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Within the settings.db select "secure" and change the value for the field "install_non_market_apps" to 1. It's initial value is 0.

Last edited by SCION; 01-25-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #217
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Thanks Scion! My nookcolor is now EXACTLY as I want it! Whooo Hoooo! Maybe now I can even take some time to read a book on it! lol
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #218
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Thanks Scion! My nookcolor is now EXACTLY as I want it! Whooo Hoooo! Maybe now I can even take some time to read a book on it! lol
Yay!!! It's exciting. Be sure to pass on your knowledge now.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #219
SCION
Séduisant

Repost for CARE:

How to enable non-market installs if you don't have NOOKcolor Tools app.

...The only choices are to use ADB to enable this or use SQLite Editor (paid app) to change a value in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Within the settings.db select "secure" and change the value for the field "install_non_market_apps" to 1. It's initial value is 0.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #220
Care
Aes Sedai

Thanks Scion. I am going to download ADB (if I can) since most people have this anyway. I am getting a migraine, so if it doesn't work I will just say screw it for now.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #221
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Thanks Scion. I am going to download ADB (if I can) since most people have this anyway. I am getting a migraine, so if it doesn't work I will just say screw it for now.
Sounds good. Just step away from doing this extra stuff for a bit. We'll be here. Do some reading!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #222
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Sounds good. Just step away from doing this extra stuff for a bit. We'll be here. Do some reading!
I would love to read, but my head just can't take it right now. Going to take a bath I think.

One more question. What exactly is ADB? I installed the wireless version, but I don't know what the bananas it does, lol.

OMG, I just went to type in the cmd to my computer and my NC died. I was hoping I could get just a couple more seconds from it.

Edit: I wonder if I should re-root? Or maybe I will ask others with 1.0.0 auto rooter if they have NOOKcolor Tools. If they do I don't know what happened (maybe I didn't let it sit long enough while it was doing the root?), if not maybe I need to update and then use the other rooter.

Last edited by Care; 01-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #223
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I use 1.0.1 autonoot and Nook Tools automotaically showed up. Worst case scenario you could restore to factory and update to 1.0.1 and then autonoot from there
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #224
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I use 1.0.1 autonoot and Nook Tools automotaically showed up. Worst case scenario you could restore to factory and update to 1.0.1 and then autonoot from there
That might be a good idea... I used this method and liked the fact that I could see what he was doing and do it with him. Made me feel safe! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts

The only thing different that happened to me was that as soon as the file installed, the nook rebooted on its own rather then waiting for me to reboot it like his did. But it was rooted and worked great. Good luck! I am really LOVING the rooted NC - thanks to all the helpful people here!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #225
SCION
Séduisant

deleted

Last edited by SCION; 01-25-2011 at 11:04 PM.