Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
I upgraded and so far I love the Pdocs are now accessible and they are in their own tab too! They lower the brightness on the KF as well.

You seem to have to redownload your pdoc to get it to synch correctly.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I upgraded and so far I love the Pdocs are now accessible and they are in their own tab too! They lower the brightness on the KF as well.

You seem to have to redownload your pdoc to get it to synch correctly.
Hi Blossom,

What devices are you syncing with besides the Fire? What Kindle address did you send it to?

I sent a book to my Fire and to my iPhone. I ended up with 2 files on the Fire. One with a cover and one without a cover. They showed up twice in my Amazon page for the personal docs too. I just deleted them and will play around and see what happens.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #48
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
[QUOTE=hn333;2021161]Oh ok, I didn't get that part.[/QUOTE

I repeat it was at XDA developers under 6.3 stock rom. It was rooted by 11PM on 3/27. Amazon has it now and I still can't get it to do a damn thing.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Hi Blossom,

What devices are you syncing with besides the Fire? What Kindle address did you send it to?

I sent a book to my Fire and to my iPhone. I ended up with 2 files on the Fire. One with a cover and one without a cover. They showed up twice in my Amazon page for the personal docs too. I just deleted them and will play around and see what happens.

Carol
Yeah the cover bug is worse now. Clearing Kindle app data fix some of them but it's seems it can't make up it's mind which pdocs have covers and which don't.

I haven't had any issue sending to my Kindles. I use Send To Kindle though not my email server. Each Kindle has a unique email address as well.

It seems new pdocs will download a cover show in the doc tab but not on the carousel. Pdocs that were on the cloud will only download a cover if you clear Kindle data and cloud pdocs don't show a cover at all.

More Info. It seems only pdocs sent to the fire will show covers at all in the doc tab automatically. Still doesn't show up on the carousel though. Still trying to figure this out.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-28-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #50
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mine just updated automatically.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #51
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah the grey cover bug is worse now. Clearing Kindle app data fix some of them but it's seems it can't make up it's mind which pdocs have covers and which don't.

I haven't had any issue sending to my Kindles. I use Send To Kindle though not my email server. Each Kindle has a unique email address as well.
Are you using Explorer? Sending to each devices unique email address?

I'm using Calibre to send to my Kindle. Tried sending to each device and then the stock one of myname@free.kindle.com.

Carol

EDITED: Just tried sending to my Fire only from Calibre. Cover showed up. Didn't show up on my iPhone til I rebooted the phone. When showing in the 'cloud' on the phone it showed blank icon, but once downloaded the cover showed up. On the Fire it shows the cover in the cloud and downloaded. Also shows cover in the Carousel.

Last edited by sadievan; 03-28-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Are you using Explorer? Sending to each devices unique email address?

I'm using Calibre to send to my Kindle. Tried sending to each device and then the stock one of myname@free.kindle.com.

Carol

EDITED: Just tried sending to my Fire only from Calibre. Cover showed up. Didn't show up on my iPhone til I rebooted the phone. When showing in the 'cloud' it showed blank icon, but once downloaded the cover showed up.
I use this app.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #53
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I use this app.
I'm sending from Calibre. It seems if I send to my Fire's email, the covers show up. In docs tab, cloud and carousel.

Carol
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #54
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post

Hmm...reading the release notes I see nothing there that would enhance my current user experience on the kindle fire
so it wont bother me to Delay or even skip this one altogether.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm sending from Calibre. It seems if I send to my Fire's email, the covers show up. In docs tab, cloud and carousel.

Carol
Yes I get that too but if I try to send a pre 6.3 doc no cover. I finally downloaded my entire cloud then cleared the Kindle app data and that forced the covers for pre 6.3 docs I then removed them from the device and the cloud now shows the covers. Luckily I only had 50 books in the pdoc cloud.

I have this one book that wont show the cover no matter what I do. I've tried everything but Factory reset!

If you only send a doc to your Kindles and not your Fire this seems to be only way to force the cover to show up. Really annoying.

Uh-oh Sideloaded mobi + File Expert no longer adds the book to shelves. It opens the book instead but doesn't add it to any shelf!

Last edited by Blossom; 03-29-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #56
jswinden
Nameless Being

I really like the Reading View for Amazon Silk. It takes an article from a website and lets you read it without all the annoying crap on either side that is in sidebars. Unfortunately it is very slow to load, but worth the wait.

I also like the dimmer backlighting.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #57
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I use this app.
What kindle address does the app use?

Quote:
If you only send a doc to your Kindles and not your Fire this seems to be only way to force the cover to show up. Really annoying.
For me it's just the opposite. If I use the stock email of myname@kindle.com, the covers DO NOT show up, but if I send to my Fire's email, they show up.

Carol
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What kindle address does the app use?

For me it's just the opposite. If I use the stock email of myname@kindle.com, the covers DO NOT show up, but if I send to my Fire's email, they show up.

Carol
It doesn't. It uploads it directly to the server bypassing the email address part.

I have 3 Kindles. Each have their own email address so if I want to send something via email I have to send to each one.

Only pdocs I send to the Fire show the cover. If I send something to my K3 and K4 but not the Fire and then later on the Cloud Doc tab download that book the cover wont show at all unless I clear the Kindle app data.

Sideloading books no longer works unless USB or Restarting. File Expert no longer works to add books to shelves. This is only negative other then the cover bug I can find.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #59
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
It doesn't. It uploads it directly to the server bypassing the email address part.
If you just use the app, do the covers show up?

Quote:
Only pdocs I send to the Fire show the cover. If I send something to my K3 and K4 but not the Fire and then later on the Cloud Doc tab download that book the cover wont show at all unless I clear the Kindle app data.
I wonder if it has something to do with the [ebok] tag in Calibre? I took out the [pdoc] tag and put in the [ebok] tag. I think I remember you did the same?

Carol
Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
If you just use the app, do the covers show up?

I wonder if it has something to do with the [ebok] tag in Calibre? I took out the [pdoc] tag and put in the [ebok] tag. I think I remember you did the same?

Carol
Yes as long as I have Kindle Fire checked. It will show up in Docs but blank on the carousel however once I remove from Carousel and reopen the book the cover will show on there too.

I don't use that feature on Calibre. However when you email or use that app it will add the pdoc tag automatically.

There are some pdocs and now Amazon books missing covers. I can't get those back no matter what I try. I have feeling they changed something in how covers are read.