Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Support Families with Autism when you buy this ebook

Movement: A Short Story about Autism in the Future

pdf | kindle | nook | smashwords

"If I were given only one word to describe “Movement”
by Nancy Fulda, I would choose beautiful."
-- Christine Amsden

"Movement is an award-caliber story, and clearly
a major breakthrough in the career of Nancy Fulda."
-- Aaron Hughes

This story originally appeared in Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, and I am donating all of its December royalties to the NFAR. NFAR is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to providing support for children and families affected by autism. According to NFAR executive Sharon Leon, who responded promptly and effectively to my initial email, 100% of donations go into autism programs and services.

Last year NFAR awarded $118,000 in grants to community programs and education-based research. In 2012, they'll be supporting programs for early intervention and adult transition training.

As the mother of a child with autism, I know how essential community support is for these families. My family would be floundering if there wasn't a government-supported program to assist our son in school. I can't imagine what it's like in areas where similar programs are overburdened or nonexistent.

Again, I am donating all December income from Movement to the National Foundation for Autism Research. If you know someone who might enjoy this story, please consider buying it for them as a holiday gift. My royalty earnings will go directly to NFAR.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 12-14-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: reduced image size
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Updated to include a smaller image (my apologies to anyone who experienced difficulties downloading).

Also, there is some uncertainty as to whether it's legally acceptable for me to use the charity's name in connection with this promotion without explicit written permission from the charity.

If the charity's name vanishes from the above post tomorrow, you'll know why. And if that happens, please rest assured that the promised charitable donation will still be made.
Closed Thread