Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Best Place to Download CM7?

Well, I've decided to give it a try. There are numerous links on the web, but where is the "official" site to get instructions and downloads? Also, how does CM7 differ from manual nooter??
thanks

Last edited by eSheri; 04-30-2012 at 07:32 PM.
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
I would suggest you put CM7 on an SD card and use it that way to see if you like it, then either stay with SD card to run or get the instructions to load directly on your Nook.

I find running from SD card suits me fine as I can simply remove to revert back to stock.

Follow instructions to make a card here

I suggest getting a Sandisk card class 4 is fine and supposedly the lower class cards work best. I use a Sandisk Class 2 4gb and it is perfect for me.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I use a SanDisk 16 GB class 4 with no problems. I bought a 16 GB AData Class 10 and my NT wouldn't boot from it.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
eSheri
Addict

Help Please!!

Win32 Disk Imager doesn't recognize the file generic-sdc...img.gz
Although the instructions don't say to do so, but do i need to rename it??

UPDATE: Changed the dropdown box from .img to all files. Duh!

Thanks!

Last edited by eSheri; 05-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
If the file extension is .gz you'll need to "unzip" it to extract the .img file that you can then use Win32DiskImager to write to the SD card.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
eSheri
Addict

Ah! Thank you livarmax. Also, nook keeps telling me to reformat the card. I will unzip it and try again. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
eSheri
Addict