Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
So when we had it set that way for my Kindle, our connection speed was quite a bit slower. Very noticeably slower, actually. I found it frustrating how slow pages were loading. Of course, if you don't have an n-capable router in the first place, you probably wouldn't notice it.
Considering your internet connection is probably 1.5-3 Megabits/sec (or maybe even 6-12Mbps if you're lucky), I find it highly unlikely that downgrading to a G-router (54Mbps) made web pages load noticeably slower on your wireless devices.

Now if you had client/server applications communicating on your different devices that were connecting wirelessly, then maybe you'd be able to detect a slowdown... just maybe. But more than likely, it's all in your head (or your ISP was coincidentally experiencing slowdowns). No offense to you or your husband.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-14-2011 at 06:31 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote