Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
PRS-350 case

I am looking for a decent case for the PRS-350. Something in lines of official one but in the $20-25 range shipped.
This one seems nice too, but too expensive as well.

Any suggestions for this type of a case?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Personally I think the Sony case is worth the $30. I like it a lot.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Im looking for good case also.
Any recommendations ? like tuff luv ?
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
I LOVE my "official" Sony case with a light.

Worth every penny.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Snarl
Snarl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Agreed, my Leather Sony Case with Light for my PRS600 is excellent, ordered Sony's new case with PRS650 (Both are not here yet) and expect the same quality.
Snarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #6
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Only that it's $40 in Canada.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
B&H Photo Video currently has the standard blue Sony case for the PRS-350 on special for only $24.24 with free shipping in the US. Not sure how much it would be to ship to Canada. See item at: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_for_the.html
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
I realize this isn't exactly what Thrasher was after because it's pretty expensive, but I think it's clever and strangely adorable so I have to mention it somewhere. I've been poking around etsy, and this evening I came across this cover. It's a leather cover built around the Sony cover with light, so it maintains the hinge and light, but the front is... unique. She also does things like wallets, bags, journals, and, er, teddy bears. O.o
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
I realize this isn't exactly what Thrasher was after because it's pretty expensive, but I think it's clever and strangely adorable so I have to mention it somewhere. I've been poking around etsy, and this evening I came across this cover. It's a leather cover built around the Sony cover with light, so it maintains the hinge and light, but the front is... unique. She also does things like wallets, bags, journals, and, er, teddy bears. O.o
That one is pretty cool.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
I've been poking around etsy, and this evening I came across this cover.
Gaaah! When I first saw it, I thought it was a bog mummy, but now that I've taken a second look at it, that is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing, I should also poke around Etsy again some time..
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
Thrasher
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGame View Post
B&H Photo Video currently has the standard blue Sony case for the PRS-350 on special for only $24.24 with free shipping in the US. Not sure how much it would be to ship to Canada. See item at: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_for_the.html
With shipping and customs to Canada it ends up being about $42
Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
I've been poking around etsy, and this evening I came across this cover. It's a leather cover built around the Sony cover with light, so it maintains the hinge and light, but the front is... unique.
Reminds me of the case of the The Evil Dead DVD:

http://www.deadites.net/videos_dvd_ed.php
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #13
dunster
dunster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Does this Sony case fit the 350 - is it the same size as the 300, which is what it says it is for on the Sony web site?
dunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Does this Sony case fit the 350 - is it the same size as the 300, which is what it says it is for on the Sony web site?
The 300 was larger so cases with a spline built for the 300 won't work with the 350.

@Thrasher, I don't know how long you've had the 350, but Sony was giving a 15% coupon off of accessories when you register your 350. Don't know if they are still doing that or whether is applies to Canada. It isn't much, but it might at least pay the shipping.