Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Saved Searches - Using Hierarchy

Hi:

In 0.7.50 why are the names for saved searches not displayed as they are with the the other fields that use the hierarchy? For example, with other fields if the name is Test.Name it is displayed as

Test
Name

but with saved searches it is displayed as

Test
Test.Name

Is this the intended behavior for saved searches?

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Did you add 'search' to the list of hierarchical fields in preferences -> look & feel?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I did and the searches appear in a hierarchy, their names just do not appear as they do in the other hierarchy fields. Here's a pic of what I mean:

Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After refreshing my memory, yes, it was intentional. The problem being solved was to prevent clicking on 'Edit' to search it if there isn't a real search with that name. Showing the entire name was a consequence.

Unfortunately, all my examples have short names and the extra name component didn't bother me. I can see how it might with longer names. I made the necessary changes. They will be in the next release.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Utopia
Utopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enough

Device: Iphone 3Gs, Kindle 3
Hi,

Out of curiosity, how do you create a hierarchy of saved searches? I just looked for that functionality in the manual but was unable to find it.

I'm on Calibre 7.45 so I'm also wondering if this is a new feature.
Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
Hi,

Out of curiosity, how do you create a hierarchy of saved searches? I just looked for that functionality in the manual but was unable to find it.

It's only available as of 0.7.50 but this post will help with setting it up: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125004
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Since nynaevelan pointed to a "how to" example post for your question I would just like to point out one thing.

Quote:
When in doubt check out the What's new log.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.50 [18 Mar, 2011]

New Features
  • Make searches in the tag browser a possible hierarchical field
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Utopia
Utopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the link. I actually took a look at that thread a few days ago and still had a hard time figuring out how to apply that concept to searches.

I get how to create subcategories in the tag browser, but still don't really understand how to create subsearches (subgroups for saved searches) if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the link regardless.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I get how to create subcategories in the tag browser, but still don't really understand how to create subsearches (subgroups for saved searches) if that makes any sense.
Assuming you have added 'search' to the hierarchical columns, then just put a dot in the middle of a name to make a hierarchy. A.foo and A.bar will be listed under A.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Utopia

Got it. Thanks chaley!